The Rio Theatre in downtown Overland Park will be the setting March 2 for the regionally hosted version of the popular TED conferences.
TEDxOverland Park will feature at least six area speakers focusing on a diverse list of topics that connect with the event’s theme, which is “Systems.”
The regional event which will run from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Rio, 7204 W. 80th St.
TEDx was last held in Overland Park in 2012, said Sherri Jacobs, the program organizer.
Never miss a local story.
The TED program is devoted to exploring innovative ideas, usually in the form of short, 18-minute or less, talks delivered by dynamic speakers.
The confirmed speakers for the Overland Park event and their topic:
▪ Omri Gillath, “The Power of (Secure) Love.”
▪ Megan Felt, “The Irena Sendler Project.”
▪ Christopher Habben, “Navigating a Relational System.”
▪ Alana Muller, “Defining Your Purpose.”
▪ Gaelynn Wolf Bordonaro, “Art Therapy: International Services and Disaster Response.”
▪ Bonnie Hagemann, “Waiting for the Fog to Lift.”
Tickets cost $50, and can be ordered online through www.Eventbrite.com. Admission covers not only the speakers’ presentations, but a merchandise bag, and after-party food and drinks at the nearby InterUrban ArtHouse.
The local event, which is operated under a licensing agreement with TED, is sponsored by InterUrban ArtHouse, JukeBoxx Media, Lifted Logic, America’s Creative Crossroads, KC Clothing Co., Fire Arts Group, and Papa Keno’s Pizza.
For more information: www.TedxOverlandPark.com.