The Olathe Chamber of Commerce recognized seven individuals and one business at the organization’s recent 93rd annual awards meeting. The award winners:
• Citizen of the Year: Harlan Parker of Harlan Park State Farm Insurance.
• Corporate Citizen of the Year: Terracon Consultants.
• Volunteer of the Year: Kathleen Saunders.
• Olathe Chamber Ambassador of the Year: David White.
• Bartlett-Olsen Membership Achievement Awards: Nancy Carr, Garry Poore , Larry Schneider and Cathy Weaver.
In addition, Nicolle Welsh of Farmers Insurance was named the chamber’s 2014 chairman.Attorney honored
Lee Cross Jr. of Overland Park has been named one of the top 40 under the age of 40 litigation attorneys in Kansas by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Cross, who owns the Cross Law Firm in Westwood, was elected to the board of trustees of Johnson County Community College in 2013.New name
The Real Estate Mortgage Network has changed its name to HomeBridge Financial Services Inc. The company’s area office is located at 7015 College Blvd. in Overland Park.Roeland Park certification
Roeland Park has received a certificate of achievement for excellence in financial reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. This marks the 19th consecutive year the city has earned the designation. The association also honored Debra Mootz, the city clerk and director of finance.