Joco Opinion

Joco Opinion

Crazytown moves to tornado shelter

On Monday night, I asked my quaking girls underlit by the flashlight, “Do you ever remember being in this shelter with Dad?” My daughters agreed the only time we’d taken cover was when it was just the gals. Now what are the odds that would happen?

Joco Opinion

Did your significant other drop the ball on Valentine’s Day? Welcome to DAVD

DAVD, or the day after Valentine’s Day, is not something to take lightly or should it be down played. It’s a serious, although not life threatening condition, where a person (usually a woman, okay always a woman) is battling a riptide of emotions from disappointment to downright horrified amazement that her significant other totally dropped the ball on the most commercialized, show offy, romantic day of the year.

Joco Opinion

Super Bowl hangover week

Why is it a prerequisite to gorge on carbs and sit on the couch watching others exercise? Not even marathon runners prepare before the big race with that much starch.

Videos

Billy Preston feels more prepared for KU after McDonald's All-American Game

Oak Hill Academy forward Billy Preston believes the McDonald's All-American Game experience helped prepare him for the transition to Kansas.
Tod Palmer The Kansas City Star
Billy Preston feels more prepared for KU after McDonald's All-American Game 2:02

Billy Preston feels more prepared for KU after McDonald's All-American Game

Postgame reaction from McDonald's All-American Game MVP Michael Porter Jr. 3:01

Postgame reaction from McDonald's All-American Game MVP Michael Porter Jr.

Michael Porter Jr.: Pregame McDonald's All-American Game highlights 1:37

Michael Porter Jr.: Pregame McDonald's All-American Game highlights

Chiefs coach Andy Reid on the Raiders' decision to leave Oakland 0:44

Chiefs coach Andy Reid on the Raiders' decision to leave Oakland