The Reach Healthcare Foundation has awarded about $1.1 million to 17 regional health care organizations to support their operations in 2015.
The Merriam-based foundation, established in 2003 with proceeds from the sale of Health Midwest to HCA, said the grants can be used for personnel, equipment, technology and other business expenses.
Reach has awarded more than $40 million in programs and initiatives since it began making investments in 2005. Its service area covers Johnson, Wyandotte and Allen counties in Kansas, and Cass, Jackson and Lafayette counties in Missouri, and the city of Kansas City.
“Since this foundation’s start, we have maintained a strong commitment to supporting the general operations of nonprofit organizations that are highly focused on addressing health care access and health care quality in our bi-state service area,” said William Moore, vice president of programs and evaluations.
The following organizations received operating grants for 2015:
▪ ass County Community Health Foundation: $55,000
▪ Comprehensive Mental Health Services Inc.: $75,000
▪ Duchesne Clinic: $65,000
▪ Health Care Coalition of Lafayette County: $65,000
▪ Health Partnership Clinic of Johnson County: $65,000
▪ Kansas Action for Children: $65,000
▪ Kansas City Care Clinic: $75,000
▪ Silver City Health Center: $65,000
▪ Turner House Children’s Clinic: $65,000
▪ Wyandot Center for Community Behavioral Healthcare: $75,000
▪ Communities Creating Opportunities: $65,000
▪ Kansas Association for the Medically Underserved: $65,000
▪ The Missouri Budget Project: $55,000
▪ Missouri Coalition for Oral Health: $55,000
▪ Missouri Health Advocacy Alliance: $55,000
▪ Oral Health Kansas Inc.: $55,000
▪ Thrive Allen County Inc.: $55,000