Northland students earn honors at Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair
04/09/2013 12:00 AM
05/20/2014 10:41 AM
Students from Clay and Platte counties were among the winners of the 62nd Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair that was held in March at Union Station.
The Northland winners and their awards were:
• Liberty Junior High School:Alisa Jae Freed, second place Senior Behavioral Social Sciences, Kansas BioGENEius Challenge, United States Air Force; Phoebe Alpern, second place Senior Behavioral Social Sciences; Madison Nasteff, first place Senior Computer Science Mathematics, Pioneers in Science, UMKC School of Computing and Engineering, United States Air Force; Grayson Kuhns, Burns McDonnell Special Award, Western Chapter of the Missouri Society of Professional Engineers, Abigail Hill, Linda Hall Library Project Display, Mu Alpha Theta; Jake Kanning,
first place Junior Inventions; Broadcom 2013, Linda Hall Library Project Display, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Patent, Trademark Copyright Committee
• St. Andrew the Apostle:Lexie Chirpich,
Air and Waste Management, United State Environmental Protection Agency, Linda Hall Library Project Display
• St. Patrick School:Alex Ward, Charlie Palmentere and Addison Lynch, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Patent, Trademark Copyright Committee; Jimmy Moloney and James Drumright, first place Intermediate Chemistry Team; Anuradha Jayakody, Kha Nguyen and Daniel Comer, second place Intermediate Chemistry Team, Broadcom 2013, Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society, Pi Eta Chapter- Graceland University; Chance Wagner and Peter Pellumbi,
United State Environmental Protection Agency
• West Platte Junior High School:Maelea Coulson, United States Environmental Protection Agency; Audra Hessenflow, second place Junior Chemistry, Broadcom 2013; Rachel Heili, first place Junior Behavior and Social Sciences, Broadcom 2013, United States Navy/Marine Corps Science Award; Anne Wurtenberger, third place Junior Behavior and Social Sciences; Jack Summers,
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Linda Hall Library Project Display
• West Platte High School:Trevor Perdue, Kansas BioGENEius Challenge; Patti Callahan, Blue River Watershed Association, I-SWEEEP, United States Army; Paige Larison, United States Environmental Protection Agency; Blair Turnbull, first place Senior Engineering, United States Army, UMKC School of Computing and Engineering; Corinne Wilson, Linda Hall Library Project Display; Samuel Coulson, The Society of American Military Engineers- The Greater Kansas City Post; Kaleb Baber, United States Navy/Marine Corps Science Award; Dalton Larison and Justin Rhodes, first place Senior Inventions Team; Jessica Wyatt, first place Senior Behavior Social Sciences, United States Army; Nathan Wilson, first place Senior Force Motion, ASM International - Kansas City Chapter, Linda Hall Library Project Display
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.