- Fans disappointed after Miley Cyrus cancels Sprint Center concert
- Training for the Mothers Day 5K: Week 3
- Easter egg hunt at Belton Assembly of God
- Belton Spring Fling
- Leawood Eggstravaganza
- Soccer fans watch FC Kansas City take on Sky Blue FC
- Roller Derby double-header
- Prairie Village Earth Fair
- Wyandotte County Ethnic Festival
- Rock the Parkway half-marathon and 5K
- Puppets for the Planet Festival
- Overland Park Farmers Market opens for 2014
New Avon Mega Store for Northland’s Zona Rosa. Sam’s Club hiring for new Northland store. Several new restaurants open south of the river.
Charles Shurn puffs up like a proud father when he talks about his New American cuisine menu, especially his steaks and the twists he puts on traditional items like a balsamic reduction sauce for some steaks and a southwestern-style tenderloin. Menu items also include a blackened bleu burger, chicken Madeira, southern fried catfish filet, baked ziti, panini turkey melt, and a BLT wedge salad.
An Asian stir-fry has long been considered a healthful choice.
More than 100 singers from the metropolitan area’s high schools auditioned last Sunday at the Jewish Community Center hoping to be this year’s KC SuperStar in the “American Idol” style competition produced by the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City, and organizers expect another 100 to try out this coming Sunday.
It has been a long journey for Obamacare, but a train wreck it is not. The no prisoners taken, no quarters given fight may have been worth it, although the nation’s other business has been stiffed by the Republicans’ monomania for three years.
Petey is a little white and black stray cat who, in one of the more unorthodox adoptions in the annals of pet rescue, last week was neutered, vaccinated and checked over.
Here are 816 North area storylines to watch this week at the Kansas Relays.
News and notes from 816 North high school scene.