Firefighters rescued several pets from a late Monday fire at the Georgetown Apartments in Merriam. No one was hurt in the fire, which started in an electrical panel in the basement of one of the complex’s two-story apartment buildings.
Firefighters rescued several pets from a late Monday fire at the Georgetown Apartments in Merriam. No one was hurt in the fire, which started in an electrical panel in the basement of one of the complex’s two-story apartment buildings. Courtesy of the Overland Park Fire Department
Firefighters rescued several pets from a late Monday fire at the Georgetown Apartments in Merriam. No one was hurt in the fire, which started in an electrical panel in the basement of one of the complex’s two-story apartment buildings. Courtesy of the Overland Park Fire Department

Fire at Merriam apartments displaces residents, pets

July 01, 2014 08:28 AM

More Videos

  • Squatter sets fire to vacant Crossroads building

    Watch as emergency crews remove a squatter from a burning building Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 in Kansas City.