Kansas man dies after rescuing dog from house fire

05/08/2014 7:30 AM

05/08/2014 7:30 AM

Fire officials say a Salina man died after being critically burned while trying to rescue two dogs from a house fire.

Salina Fire Marshall Roger Williams says the victim was injured in the fire Wednesday morning after he got one dog out of the burning home. He tried to go back in to the house for a second dog but first responders stopped him.

KSAL reports the man was flown to a Wichita hospital, where he later died.

The second dog was found dead in the house.

Williams says the fire started in some wiring behind a freezer in a garage.

Videos

Join the discussion

is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service