Two QuikTrips in Olathe mistakenly sold bad gasoline
05/02/2014 3:58 PM
05/02/2014 9:05 PM
Two QuikTrip stores in Olathe mistakenly sold gasoline mixed with diesel fuel Thursday, causing car problems for an unknown number of customers.
Mike Thornbrugh, a spokesman for the convenience store chain based in Tulsa, Okla., said the stores affected were at South Blackfoot Drive and East Santa Fe Street and at 157th Street and U.S. 169.
He said the mixup occurred at the fuel terminal, and tankers delivered the bad product to the stores.
The contaminated fuel was removed, and both stores resumed selling gasoline later Thursday.
Thornbrugh said the mixture of fuel can cause vehicles not to operate properly.
He said the chain will pay for towing services, repairs and rental cars for affected customers. In addition, they will be reimbursed for their gas purchase and given a free tankful.
Affected customers should call the QuikTrip Kansas City office at913-362-3700.
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.