A 4-year-old girl killed Sunday in a Kansas City, Kan., house fire was identified Tuesday as Sh’mere Jackson-Green.
The cause of the fire at a residence in the 4600 block of Greeley Avenue has been determined to be accidental, fire department officials said Tuesday.
There were no smoke detectors in the house, fire investigators said. Heavy fire was coming from the building when firefighters arrived on the scene just after 4 a.m. Sunday. A woman and a 7-year-old child escaped uninjured.
A firefighter suffered burns on his face during rescue efforts, but has since returned to duty.
Damage was estimated as $50,000 to the structure and its contents.
|Tony Rizzo, firstname.lastname@example.org