Heat causing high schools to change times of Friday football games
08/27/2013 6:28 PM
08/27/2013 10:19 PM
It’s been nine months since Missouri high school football teams last took the field.
So what’s another hour?
Several games on Friday’s Kansas City area opening-week schedule have been pushed back to an 8 p.m. starting time because of extreme heat in the forecast. Temperatures Friday are expected to reach near triple digits during the day.
Here is a list of changes to kickoff times, as reported to The Star:
• Blue Springs South at Truman, (played at William Chrisman), 8 p.m.
• Lee’s Summit West at Staley, 8 p.m.
• Liberty at Winnetonka, (played at North Kansas City), 8:05 p.m.
• Oak Grove at Lexington, 8 p.m.
• Polo at Van Horn, (played at Truman), 8 p.m.
• Richmond at O’Hara, 8 p.m.
• Ruskin at Liberty North, 8 p.m.
• St. Joseph Central at Blue Springs, 8 p.m.
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.