It’s been nine months since Missouri high school football teams last took the field.
So what’s another hour?
Several games on Friday’s Kansas City area opening-week schedule have been pushed back to an 8 p.m. starting time because of extreme heat in the forecast. Temperatures Friday are expected to reach near triple digits during the day.
Here is a list of changes to kickoff times, as reported to The Star:
• Blue Springs South at Truman, (played at William Chrisman), 8 p.m.
• Lee’s Summit West at Staley, 8 p.m.
• Liberty at Winnetonka, (played at North Kansas City), 8:05 p.m.
• Oak Grove at Lexington, 8 p.m.
• Polo at Van Horn, (played at Truman), 8 p.m.
• Richmond at O’Hara, 8 p.m.
• Ruskin at Liberty North, 8 p.m.
• St. Joseph Central at Blue Springs, 8 p.m.