The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for multiple “priority” health code violations:
• Arby’s, 4100 W. 83rd St., Prairie Village, had seven violations during a March 12 routine inspection, including a small salad with no date mark.
An Arby’s spokeswoman said in a statement: “We took immediate and aggressive actions to address and correct the noted inspection items. Our top priority is maintaining the highest standards of food safety and cleanliness in our restaurants.”
• Asian Palace, 7948 W. 151st St., Overland Park, had eight violations during a March 13 routine inspection, including an employee who was handling raw fish for sushi with a bare hand.
Restaurant officials had no comment.
• China King, 3634 W. 135th St., Leawood, had six violations during a March 12 routine inspection, including no paper towels at the hand sink.
A manager said the violations were corrected.
• Dean Deluca, 4700 W. 119th St., Leawood, had nine violations during a March 14 routine inspection, including single-serve milk and perishable juice in a self-service cold case held at improper temperatures.
A manager had no comment.
• Gas Mart USA, 9440 Mission Road, Prairie Village, had seven violations during a March 11 licensing inspection, including steak taquitos held at improper temperatures on hot dog rollers .
The manager said the violations were corrected.
• Pizzabella, 4000 Indian Creek Parkway, Overland Park, had nine violations during a March 12 inspection following a complaint, including an employee handling ready-to-eat radishes and onions with bare hands for a salad and an employee handling ready-to-eat prosciutto with bare hands.
The owner said all the violations were corrected.
• Tavern in the Village, 3901 Prairie Lane, Prairie Village, had nine violations during a March 14 routine inspection, including half-and-half, cooked mushrooms, fried capers and cut cherry tomatoes held at improper temperatures.
“Everything has been corrected and we are doing daily line checks to make sure everything is temperature-controlled,” said general manager and operating partner Anthony Zarate.
• Zio’s Italian Kitchen, 11981 S. Strang Line Road, Olathe, had six violations during a March 13 routine inspection, including pasta and butter and clove garlic mix held at improper temperatures .
“We corrected those on site. Food safety is very important to us,” said general manager Jim Testerman.
For complete inspection reports on Kansas restaurant operations, go towww.ksda.gov/food_safety
The Cass County Health Department cited this restaurant for multiple critical violations:
• Casa Mexico, 704 E. North Ave., Belton, had eight critical violations during a Feb. 25 routine inspection, including gnats flying in all rooms of the facility.
“We’ve taken care of everything,” said owner Jose Gutierrez.
Cass County health inspection reports are not available online.
The Environmental Health Division of the Jackson County Public Works Department cited this operation for three or more critical violations:
• Jumpin’ Catfish Restaurant, 834 S.W. Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit, had three violations during a March 6 inspection, including live cockroaches in the back hallway near the water heater and the server line.
“We had pest control out the next day and they took care of the problem,” said owner Glenn Tobin.
• Shanghai Boy, 510 S.W. Third St., Lee’s Summit, had four violations during a March 7 inspection, including a pan of beef with what appeared to be mold in the walk-in cooler .
“That beef was not for sale. It was for my cousin and he forgot about it,” said manager Joe Tan.
For complete Jackson County inspection reports, go towww.jacksongov.org/fsi.