Flames spread from fireplace to attic in Olathe home

03/11/2013 8:08 AM

05/16/2014 9:26 PM

A house fire in Olathe Sunday night displaced a family and caused about $200,000 in damage, according to fire officials.

The blaze at the residence in the 14200 block of West 120th Terrace was reported at about 8:30 p.m. Five people escaped without injury. Investigators said flames in the fireplace flue spread into the attic.

Videos

Join the discussion

is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service