Fire crews and Missouri Gas Energy workers responded into this evening to a natural gas line rupture at 50th and Central streets.
The incident was reported just after 3:30 p.m. One building was evacuated, with ATA buses being used to keep residents out of the cold, Kansas City Fire Battalion Chief James Garrett said.
MGE crews had been called to shut off the gas flow, according the fire scanner traffic.
By 7:30 p.m., the evacuation had ended and fire crews had left. A gas smell lingered, and MGE workers remained on the scene.
Traffic in the immediate area had been closed off as part of the investigation.
No injuries were reported.
Glenn E. Rice, firstname.lastname@example.org