Fire destroyed an unoccupied house in Overland Park on Tuesday night.
Firefighters discovered downed power lines in the back yard and a natural gas line on fire inside the home.
The fire was reported shortly before 9 p.m. in the 7200 block of Dearborn Street. Both the Overland Park Fire Department and Consolidated Fire District No. 2 responded to the blaze. They had to take a defensive approach due to hazards in the back yard and the danger of a roof collapse, according to Overland Park fire spokesman Jason Rhodes.
Utility officials shut off the gas and electricity. It took more than an hour to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries.