Cameron, Mo., deaths from carbon monoxide

09/24/2012 4:41 PM

05/16/2014 7:47 PM

A man and his two children found dead in a Cameron, Mo., home in August were killed by carbon monoxide, officials said Monday.

Robert Borchardt, 36, Chelsey Borchardt, 9, and Tucker Borchardt, 7, were found dead Aug. 17 after authorities were called to check on a fire and possible victims. Responders reported finding no blaze but a “smoke-like odor” in the house at 113 E. Fourth St.

Autopsies determined that all three died from carbon monoxide saturation caused by a fire within the residence. The deaths were ruled accidental. There were smoke detectors in the home but none had batteries.

Videos

Join the Discussion

The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service