You could see this coming: Yoder IS Letterman's Top 10 list
08/21/2012 8:14 AM
05/16/2014 7:27 PM
Congressman Kevin Yoder's skinny-dip in the Sea of Galilee provided the fodder for David Letterman's entire Top Ten List Monday night.
The title of Monday's segment: "Congressman Kevin Yoder Excuses."
Said Letterman: "I'm telling you if I pulled a stunt like this, they'd slap the cuffs on me. I'd be put in a bullet-proof van and currently rotting in a mountainous cave somewhere."
1. "What's the big deal, I was naked the whole trip."
2. "It was spring break; chill out."
3. "People in the Middle East are pretty easygoing about nudity."
4. "In my defense, I had been drinking heavily."
5. "Trying to take the focus off Mitt Romney's taxes."
6. "It had been days since a congressman did something embarrassing."
7. "It's Obama's fault."
8. "Putting the 'junk' in 'congressional junket.'"
9. "I can't swim naked, but Barney Frank can walk around like this?" (Picture Frank in a blue sweater and jacket.)
10. "That's how we party in Kansas."