You could see this coming: Yoder IS Letterman's Top 10 list
08/21/2012 12:00 AM
05/16/2014 7:27 PM
Congressman Kevin Yoder's skinny-dip in the Sea of Galilee provided the fodder for David Letterman's entire Top Ten List Monday night.
The title of Monday's segment: "Congressman Kevin Yoder Excuses."
Said Letterman: "I'm telling you if I pulled a stunt like this, they'd slap the cuffs on me. I'd be put in a bullet-proof van and currently rotting in a mountainous cave somewhere."
1. "What's the big deal, I was naked the whole trip."
2. "It was spring break; chill out."
3. "People in the Middle East are pretty easygoing about nudity."
4. "In my defense, I had been drinking heavily."
5. "Trying to take the focus off Mitt Romney's taxes."
6. "It had been days since a congressman did something embarrassing."
7. "It's Obama's fault."
8. "Putting the 'junk' in 'congressional junket.'"
9. "I can't swim naked, but Barney Frank can walk around like this?" (Picture Frank in a blue sweater and jacket.)
10. "That's how we party in Kansas."
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.