A Weston man died Monday when the building where he lived and operated an antiques store caught fire.
A fellow Weston store owner, Judy Koonce, described George Treese as “a character.”
“He could be cantankerous at times but always with a good nature,” she said.
Treese owned Old Geezer’s Mantiques in the 500 block of Main Street. He had lived in the Weston area about 12 years and worked in his store daily, Koonce said.
“He was a pretty major player in Weston a few years back,” she said.
In recent years, she said, he had kept more to himself but always had a wave for passers-by.
On Tuesday, Weston authorities said an electrical problem may have started the fire.