A fire possible caused by a short in an extension cord caused more than $1 million in damage Sunday to an Olathe company that sells custom imprinted shirts and apparel, fire officials said.
A passerby called 911 shortly before 10:30 p.m. Sunday to report a “large amount of smoke coming from (the) roof” of Olathe T-Shirt & Trophy at 900 N. Mart-Way Drive.
Arriving firefighters saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the building near 127th Street and Interstate 35.
A second alarm was sounded, and firefighters from Olathe and Lenexa spent the next hour and half bringing the fire under control.
Investigators believe the short in the extension cord ignited nearby materials in the shop area, fire officials said.
To reach Robert A. Cronkleton, call 816-234-4261 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.