Fire crews shut down 119th Street from Riley Street to Blue Valley Parkway in Overland Park Thursday after a gas leak was reported outside of a convenience store.
Overland Park Fire Department officials said a crew working in a trench in front of QuikTrip at 119th and Riley about 5:30 p.m. likely struck a 4-inch gas line that leaked.
The gas, officials said, vented into the atmosphere and dispersed naturally.
Never miss a local story.
Fire crews shut down 119th from Riley to Blue Valley Parkway as a precaution.
Fire officials said they hoped Kansas Gas Service would have the situation resolved by 8 p.m.
No injuries or evacuations were reported during the leak.