Here are area restaurants with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
*Note: The original story included an Overland Park restaurant that the Kansas Department of Agriculture erroneously posted. This story has been updated to reflect the change.
Never miss a local story.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
▪ Brookridge Golf & Fitness, main kitchen, 8223 W. 103rd St., Overland Park, had 11 priority violations during a June 17 routine inspection.
▪ Amigo’s Grill & Cantina, 2737 S. 47th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 10 priority violations during a June 15 licensing inspection.
▪ 18th Street Stop & Go, 164 S. 18th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 10 priority violations during a June 14 routine inspection.
▪ The Grille at Park Place, 5270 W. 116th St., Leawood, had 8 priority violations during a June 16 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Life Time Fitness, Life Cafe, 6800 W. 138th St., Overland Park, had 7 priority violations during a June 15 routine inspection.
▪ MS Petroleum, 10421 Kaw Drive, Edwardsville, had 7 priority violations during a June 15 routine inspection.
▪ Quick Shop, 7347 Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, Kan., had 7 priority violations during a June 16 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for 7 or more critical health code violations:
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.