Here are area restaurants and grocery stores with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
Never miss a local story.
▪ Bonner Springs Price Chopper, 501 S. Commercial, Bonner Springs, had 14 priority violations during a May 26 routine inspection.
▪ El Rio Bravo Supermarket, 11 S. 10th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 13 priority violations during a May 26 follow-up inspection.
▪ On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, 5200 W. 119th St., Leawood, had 9 priority violations during a May 25 routine inspection.
▪ Mama Lilly’s, 5512 Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, Kan., had 8 priority violations during a May 31 follow-up inspection.
▪ Wendy's, 3647 State Ave., Kansas City, Kan., had 8 priority violations during a May 25 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited this operation:
▪ El Pueblito, 810 Southwest Blvd., had 7 critical violations during a May 31 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.