Here are area restaurants and grocery stores with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to the original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture has been transitioning to new inspection software since early August 2015 and direct links to Kansas inspections are not available at this time.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
Never miss a local story.
In addition, if a restaurant is temporarily shut down, a comment from the owner will be requested and a more complete description will be included with the online report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations:
▪ Yummy Chinese, 15005 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, had 12 priority violations during a Feb. 11 routine inspection.
▪ Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant, 118 S. Clairborne Road, Olathe, had 10 priority violations during a Feb. 11 inspection.
▪ Sabor Centro Americano, 1304 Central Ave., Kansas City, Kan., had 10 priority violations during a Feb. 9 routine inspection.
▪ China Town Super Buffet, 151 S. 18th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 9 priority violations during a Feb. 9 inspection following a complaint.
▪ La Bodega, 4311 W. 119th St., Leawood, had 8 priority violations during a Feb. 8 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Pan-Asia Market, 11940 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, had 8 priority violations during a Feb. 11 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Pizza 51 West, 5938 Mission Road, Fairway, had 8 priority violations during a Feb. 8 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for 7 or more critical health code violations:
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.