Here are area restaurants and grocery stores with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to the original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture has been transitioning to new inspection software since early August 2015 and direct links to Kansas inspections are not available at this time.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at email@example.com. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
In addition, if a restaurant is temporarily shut down, a comment from the owner will be requested and a more complete description will be included with the online report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations:
▪ New Fried Rice King, 748 A Washington Blvd., Kansas City, Kan., had 14 priority violations during a Feb. 3 routine inspection.
▪ Pepe’s Carnitas, 3208 Strong Ave., Kansas City, Kan., had 12 priority violations during a Dec. 7 routine inspection.
▪ Jade Bowl Express, 8881 W. 75th St., Overland Park, had 8 priority violations during a Feb. 3 routine inspection.
▪ QuikTrip, 555 N. 78th St., Kansas City, Kan., had 7 priority violations during a Feb. 8 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited:
▪ Kato Japanese Sushi & Teriyaki, 6340 N.W. Barry Road, had 8 priority violations during a Feb. 5 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.