Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que in Kansas City, Kansas, is at the top of a national barbecue list and is nominated for another.
It looked at barbecue joints with a minimum of 100 reviews and then ranked them based on the volume and quality of reviews. It gave more weight to reviews written within the past year, and excluded chains with more than 10 locations.
Joe’s BBQ in Blue Ridge, Georgia, topped the list. “Pork and ribs are the standouts. Both were tender and packed with flavor, and smoked perfectly,” according to one reviewer.
Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que in Kansas City, Kansas, was No. 2 “for its fall-of-the-bone ribs.”
Joe’s Kansas City also is one of 20 barbecues nominated for USA Today’s 10Best readers’ poll for Southern BBQ. The online poll , which is open until Monday, also includes Arthur Bryant’s, Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue and Gates Bar-B-Q, but Joe’s is currently No. 1.
To reach Joyce Smith, call 816-234-4692 or send email to email@example.com. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter at JoyceKC
Here are the top 10 BBQ restaurants for 2015, according to TripAdvisor:
1. Joe's BBQ -- Blue Ridge, Georgia
2. Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que -- Kansas City, Kansas
3. Bogart's Smokehouse -- St. Louis
4. Reuben's Smokehouse -- Fort Myers, Florida
5. Andy Nelson's Southern Pit BBQ -- Cockeysville, Maryland
6. Captain's BBQ -- Palm Coast, Florida
7. HogsHead Café -- Richmond, Virginia
8. Buck's Smokehouse -- Destin, Florida
9. Franklin Barbecue -- Austin, Texas
10. Pappy's Smokehouse -- St. Louis
Using those criteria, Tennessee is the No. 1 state for BBQ.
Here's TripAdvisor’s list of the best states for expertly smoked meats:
4. North Carolina
7. South Carolina
10. New York