▪ Afterword Tavern & Shelves, bookshop, bar and cafe, 1834 Grand Blvd. March or April opening scheduled.
▪ Andy’s Frozen Custard plans to open in the redeveloped Metcalf South, now known as 95Metcalf South, at 95th Street and Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, and at 10641 State Line Road. Mid-to-late summer openings.
▪ Blaze Pizza, 11991 S. Blackbob Road, Olathe. Feb. 26 opening planned.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Brookside Barrio, 6227 Brookside Plaza. February opening.
▪ Caffetteria, Prairie Village Shopping Center, 71st and Mission Road, Prairie Village. Early March opening.
▪ Caleb’s, breakfast and lunch, Red Bridge Shopping Center, Red Bridge and Holmes. Summer opening planned.
▪ Caramelo, tortilleria, 1901 Massachusetts St., Suite F, Lawrence. This summer.
▪ The Campground Bar & Grill, 8 Westport Road. No opening date was available.
▪ County Line Ice House, Power & Light District, 100 E. 14th St. Spring opening.
▪ Crows Coffee, Red Bridge Shopping Center, 535 E. Red Bridge Road. Late February opening.
▪ Doughnut Lounge, 1250 Burlington St., North Kansas City. March opening.
▪ Farina by Michael Smith, 1901 Baltimore Ave. Late 2018 opening.
▪ Flow House, Interstate 35 and Armour Road. July opening.
▪ Flying Horse Taproom, 600 E. 63rd St., in a building that houses its sister business, Brookside Wine & Spirits. Spring opening.
▪ Freezing Moo Rolling Ice Cream, 13123 State Line Road. End of February
▪ Freezing Rolls, BluHawk in Overland Park, Legends Outlets in Kansas City, Kan., and Ward Parkway Restaurant Pavilion. March openings planned.
▪ Freshwater, 3711 Summit St. This spring.
▪ Fuji Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar, Best Host Inn Plaza, 5701 Longview Road. Late March opening planned.
▪ Golden Ox, West Bottoms, 1600 Genessee St. Early 2018 opening scheduled.
▪ Grinders, 733 New Hampshire, Lawrence. April 1 opening.
▪ Jersey Mike’s Subs, BluHawk, 15901 Antioch Road, Overland Park. Plans to open Wednesday.
▪ Kneaders Bakery & Cafe, 12180 Blue Valley Parkway, Overland Park. Late March opening planned.
▪ KOBI-Q, a Korean restaurant, Asian grill and bar, 1531 Grand Blvd. Late March opening planned.
▪ Made in KC Eats, food truck patio, 509 E. 18th St., plans to open this spring. Three or four food trucks would set up for lunch Fridays and Saturdays. It also will have a shipping container bar.
▪ McLain’s Market and Deli, 1420 Crescent Road, Lawrence. McLain’s said there have been construction delays so no opening date was available.
▪ Meshuggah Bagels is taking a 1,400-square-foot space on the first floor of One Light Luxury Apartments in the Power & Light District. Spring opening scheduled.
▪ Novel, 1927 McGee St. By late spring.
▪ The Pearl, 1744 Broadway. Coda formerly occupied the space. No opening date was available.
▪ Pho La La, 44 N.E. Sycamore St., Lee’s Summit.
▪ Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 25 E. 12th St. No opening date was available.
▪ Ragazza Main, 4301 Main St. Late summer.
▪ Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews, 8501 N.W. Prairie View Road. April opening planned.
▪ RedWether food hall, 1707 Locust St. Mid-2018 opening.
▪ Shack Breakfast & Lunch, 7218 College Blvd., Overland Park, and 7940 W. 135th St., Overland Park. Early-to-mid spring openings.
▪ Shake Shack, Country Club Plaza, 239 W. 47th St. Fall opening.
▪ Starbucks, 6304 Brookside Plaza. A spring opening is scheduled.
▪ Summit Grill, 601 N.E. 70th St., Gladstone. Late summer 2018.
▪ The Summit Grill owners also plan a new seafood concept for the former 810 Zone, in SummitWoods Crossing at 1672 N.W. Chipman Road, this summer.
▪ The Sundry, 10000 Marshall Drive in Lenexa, and in Commerce Tower, 911 Main St. No opening dates were available.
▪ Sweet and Simple, Brookside, 326 W. 63rd St. March opening scheduled.
▪ Tanner’s Bar & Grill, 39Rainbow development, at 39th and Rainbow Boulevard in Kansas City, Kan. By the end of the month.
▪ Touring Taps, a mobile craft beer bar in a vintage Coors beer van, will soon roll out for private events, festivals, barbecue competition and concerts. It started in July 2017 as a rental operation but will now sell and serve beer.
▪ Tribe, a “communal” concept — shared plates, cocktails and beers in glasses or pitchers and communal seating, 316 Delaware St. March opening planned.
▪ Tropical Smoothie Cafe, BluHawk,159th Street and Antioch Road, Overland Park. No opening date was available.
▪ Vitality Bowls, Town Center Plaza, 11828 Roe Ave., Leawood. Local franchisee plans a March opening for the first area location.
▪ Wahlburgers is teaming up with Hy-Vee to open 26 restaurants, as well as in the 84 Hy-Vee Market Grille locations. No opening dates were available.
▪ Waldo Thai Place, 8431-8438 Wornall Road. No opening date was available.
▪ Wing It On is looking at Shawnee locations.
▪ Zavino, an Italian-themed restaurant, Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, 3200 Ameristar Drive. No opening date was available.
▪ Zoës Kitchen, Town Center Crossing, 4343 W. 119th St., Leawood, in part of the former Drunken Fish space. Early April opening.
▪ Black Dirt, a new restaurant by the owners of Justus Drugstore, 5070 Main St.
▪ The Brass Onion Plates & Pours, Prairiefire, 5501 W. 135th St., Overland Park.
▪ Casual Animal Brewing Co., 1725 McGee St.
▪ Dott Boss, 101 W. 11th St. in the Hotel Indigo.
▪ Doughnut Lounge, 7926 Santa Fe Drive in downtown Overland Park.
▪ Ginger Sue’s, NorthWood Shopping Center, at 2820 W. 47th Ave., Kansas City, Kan. Opened Feb.16.
▪ Kung Fu Tea, Rosana Square, 7504 W. 119th St., Overland Park.
▪ Larkburger, 4800 Main building at 4800 Main St., Suite 102.
▪ Louie’s Wine Dive, Liberty Commons, 201 S. Stewart Road, Liberty.
▪ Nature’s Own Market, 1020 Westport Road.
▪ Nothing Bundt Cakes, Tiffany Springs MarketCenter, 8930 N.W. Skyview Ave.
▪ Original Cafe, Rosana Square, 7552 W. 119th St., Overland Park.
▪ Parker at the Fontaine, 901 W. 48th Place.
▪ Quay Coffee, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak St.
▪ Shawarmar Mediterranean Grill, 23 E. Linwood Ave.
▪ Blue Moose, 9100 W. 135th St., Overland Park
▪ Fun House Pizza & Pub, 9120 E. Missouri 350, Raytown.
▪ Johnny C’s Pizza & Family Restaurant, 11200 W. 75th St., Shawnee.
▪ Sylvia’s Deli, 1746 Washington St.