Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at email@example.com. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
Never miss a local story.
▪ BoBo Chinese, 1471 E. 151st St., Olathe, had 12 priority violations during a Jan. 24 follow-up inspection.
▪ Cafe Provence, 3936 W. 69th Terrace, Prairie Village, had 11 priority violations during a Jan. 23 routine inspection.
▪ Touch of Asia Fine Indian Cuisine, 6860 W. 105th St., Overland Park, had 11 priority violations during a Jan. 17 follow-up inspection.
▪ Callahan’s West Grill & Bar, 22917 W. 83rd St., Lenexa, had 10 priority violations during a Jan. 23 routine inspection.
▪ Jose Pepper’s Border Grill & Cantina, 6870 Johnson Drive, Mission, had 10 priority violations during a Jan. 19 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Thee Gin Mill, 4800 W. 135th St., Suite 250, Leawood, had 10 priority violations during a Jan. 24 first operational inspection after licensing.
▪ Pegah’s Family Restaurant, 12122 W. 87th St., Lenexa, had nine priority violations during a Jan. 16 routine inspection.
▪ Jose Pepper’s Border Grill & Cantina, 13770 Blackbob Road, Olathe, had eight priority violations during a Jan. 17 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Camp Critter Bar & Grille, Great Wolf Lodge, 10401 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, Kan., had seven priority violations during a Jan. 17 routine inspection.
▪ Sutera’s Shawnee, 22716 Midland Drive, Shawnee, had seven priority violations during a Jan. 23 follow-up inspection.
▪ Taqueria Arandas, 7901 State Ave., Kansas City, Kan., had seven priority violations during a Jan. 23 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for seven or more critical health code violations:
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.