Here are area restaurants with 7 or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for 7 or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
Never miss a local story.
▪ Price Chopper, 7418 W. 119th St., Overland Park, had 11 priority violations during a May 16 routine inspection.
▪ Taste of China, 7805 Quivira Road, Lenexa, had 9 priority violations during a May 16 inspection for an expired license.
▪ Goodcents Deli Fresh Subs, 22724 Midland Drive, Shawnee, had 8 priority violations during a May 15 routine inspection.
▪ Grinders, 10240 Pflumm Road, Lenexa, had 7 priority violations during a May 15 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for 7 or more critical health code violations:
▪ Cornerstone Cafe, 615 E. 13th St., had 8 critical violations during a May 11 routine inspection.
▪ Price Chopper, deli, 4820 N. Oak Trafficway, had 7 critical violations during a May 18 routine inspection.
▪ Trezo Mare Restaurant and Lounge, The Village at Briarcliff, 4105 N. Mulberry Drive, had 7 critical violations during a May 15 routine inspection. It had 2 critical violations during a May 19 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.