Costco has opened its new 156,000-square-foot Northland location.
Costco, a warehouse membership club, had long been rumored to be opening a Northland location. But it wasn’t until March 2016 that a location was finally confirmed by the Kansas City and Clay and Platte county officials, developer MD Management and the Platte County R-3 School District.
The store is at 1600 N.W. 88th St. It will sell a variety of merchandise including electronics, bulk groceries and pet food, wine and spirits, appliances, furniture and apparel. It also has a gas station, fresh bakery, deli with rotisserie chicken, optical department, fresh meat and produce, pharmacy, tire center, hearing aid center, food court, and beer, liquor and fine wine department.
Hours are listed as 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Never miss a local story.
Costco currently operates 731 warehouses, including 510 in the United States and Puerto Rico. It has area locations in midtown, Independence, Lenexa and Overland Park.
Now open & coming soon
▪ Main Event Entertainment is now open at 8081 N. W. Roanridge Drive, in the new Edgewood Farms. The 50,000-square-foot entertainment centers combine dining, virtual and interactive game play and bowling. The Dallas-based company also has locations in Independence and Olathe.
▪ Baskin-Robbins is now open in Antioch Crossing, 5243 N. E. Antioch Road.
▪ Old Wok, offering Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, has opened at 8702 N.E. Flintlock Road. Menu items include pho meatballs, sesame chicken, scallops with garlic sauce, pad Thai and Thai pepper steak.
▪ The Sandbox at PowerPlay is now open at 509 N.W. Barry Road. It offers sand volleyball courts with a two-story bar and grill.
▪ 29 Local Kitchen & Patio is open at 10004 Ambassador Drive.
▪ Headrush Roasters Coffee & Tea plans to open the week of May 29 in the former Kaldi’s space at 4115 N. Mulberry Drive in the Village at Briarcliff.