In late July, Omaha-based Eat Fit Go said it would open four area stores by the end of the year.
Here are updates on new locations:
▪ A store at 4800 Main St., Suite 104, just south of the Country Club Plaza, is scheduled to open in late December.
▪ Woodside Village store, 4711 Rainbow Blvd., Westwood, is scheduled to open in late December.
Never miss a local story.
▪ A Lawrence location, at 525 Wakarusa Drive, could open in late January or early February 2017.
Here are updates on previously announced locations:
▪ Hawthorne Plaza store, 4945 W. 119th St., Overland Park, is scheduled to open later this month.
▪ Corinth Square store, 4165 Somerset Drive, Prairie Village, is scheduled to open in early December.
Eat Fit Go offers packaged food that is made fresh daily, never frozen — high-protein and low-sodium items free of preservatives. About 95 percent of the menu is gluten-free. It includes Crazy Cow Snack Tacos with tenderloin and pico de gallo; the Basic Meal Salmon with spiced salmon and broccoli on converted rice; fajita steak bowls; and citrus tilapia for lunch and dinner.
It also has an all-day breakfast menu that includes steak and eggs, burritos with chicken apple sausage and egg whites, and breakfast tacos with lean ground turkey.
Customers can take out or eat in; there will be microwaves in the store for heating. The food will be cooked in a new corporate-owned kitchen in the Kansas City area and distributed to the stores.