Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at email@example.com. The Star will post appropriate responses online in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links are not available):
Never miss a local story.
▪ Aloha Chopstix, 4316 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, Kan., had 12 priority violations during a Sept. 28 routine inspection.
▪ Arthur Bryant’s Barbeque, Legends Outlets, 1702 Village West Parkway, Kansas City, Kan., had nine priority violations during an Oct. 3 follow-up inspection.
▪ Grand Street Cafe, 8815 Renner Blvd., Lenexa, had eight priority violations during a Sept. 19 follow-up inspection.
▪ McDonald’s, 22315 W. 66th St., Shawnee, had seven priority violations during a Sept. 30 routine inspection.
▪ Panzon’s, 8710 Lackman Road, Lenexa, had seven priority violations during a Sept. 29 follow-up inspection.
▪ Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 11200 W. 87th St., Lenexa, had seven priority violations during a Sept. 29 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Waffle House, 4500 Kansas Ave., Kansas City, Kan., had seven priority violations during a Sept. 30 inspection following a complaint.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for 7 or more critical health code violations:
▪ Moonlight Japanese Steak House & Sushi, 8634 N. Boardwalk Ave., had eight critical violations during a Sept. 30 routine inspection. It had two priority violations during an Oct. 4 follow-up inspection.
For complete Kansas City area reports, visit: http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.