Kansas City Jazz Vespers
The May 17 Kansas City Jazz Vespers will feature Molly Hammer and her band from 6-8 p.m. in the First Baptist Church at Wornall and Red Bridge roads. Hammer is a jazz and blues singer, often heard in KC venues. With Hammer will be the OJT trio, including Ken Lovern, Brian Baggett and Kevin Frazee. The jazz vespers is free and open to the public.
Meninger to lead forgiveness retreat
The Rev. William Meninger of St. Benedict’s Monastery in Snowmass, Colo., will present a weekend retreat June 5-7 at Rockhurst University, 1100 Rockhurst Road.
Never miss a local story.
Based on his best-selling book, “The Process of Forgiveness,” Meninger will explore the concept and help participants move past feelings of hurt. Registration is $95, or $165 for registration and two nights of lodging. More at www.eventbrite.com. Net proceeds will benefit St. Benedict’s Monastery.
Meninger created a workshop on Contemplative Meditation (later known as Centering Prayer), which he teaches worldwide. For more information, contact Mike Matteuzzi, retreat moderator, at 913-253-2510 or email@example.com.
Memorial Day Masses at cemeteries
Catholic Cemeteries of Northeast Kansas will offer Memorial Day Masses on May 25:
▪ Mount Calvary Cemetery, Olathe, 8 a.m.
▪ St. John Cemetery, Lenexa, 8:15 a.m. at Holy Trinity Church, 89th Street and Pflumm Road
▪ Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 126th Street and Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan., 9 a.m.
▪ Mount Calvary Cemetery, 38th Street and State Avenue, Kansas City, Kan., 9 a.m.; music by Ed Grisnik.
▪ Resurrection Cemetery, 83rd Street and Quivira Road, Lenexa; flag-raising by American Legion Post 370 at 8:30 a.m.; Mass at 9 a.m.; music by Tom Jacobs.
▪ St. Joseph Cemetery, 61st Terrace and Quivira Road, Shawnee, 9 a.m.