Nursery design doesn’t have to break the bank. There are a number of cost-saving and creative ideas to create a room that is inviting, warm and healthy.
Here are some tips.
▪ Paint: This remains one of the most affordable ways to decorate a space. From strips to stencils and accent walls, have a little fun with it!
▪ Use stickers: Wall art is one of the most popular ways to decorate a nursery and one of the easiest. Wall sticker art can range from the simplistic to the elaborate, and best of all, it’s removable.
▪ Go organic: Organic choices from crib materials to cotton fabrics are not only healthy for the environment, but for your baby, too.
▪ Go DIY: What could be better than items you make yourself, from quilts and pillows to natural wood furniture pieces? If you are handy, making your own furniture and accessories can be a fun and healthy choice.
▪ Infuse color and texture: From rugs to toss pillows and even accessories, consider layering your nursery decor with interesting accents.
▪ Add greenery: Plants and trees are affordable ways to decorate a nursery and help create a healthy environment.
▪ Repurpose and recycle: Instead of buying a new rocking chair, why not convert your favorite chair into a rocker for your new nursery?
▪ Create a mobile: Mobiles remain a constant in nurseries and can make for a delightfully creative DIY project.
▪ Go green: From bamboo rugs to zero VOC paints, incorporating healthy materials and finishes doesn’t necessarily have to break the bank.
▪ Consider citrus colors: Bright yellows, greens and oranges will help brighten your space and blend well with other colors.