Music to set the mood
11/21/2013 9:00 AM
11/22/2013 12:46 PM
Jeff Harshbarger, host of the Wednesday edition of “Jazz Afternoon” on KKFI, 90.1 FM and one of Kansas City’s favorite musicians, has come up with a list of songs with a vintage vibe for your Thanksgiving listening.
“These are classic tracks that remind me of my favorite things about holidays — friends, family, food and home. Enjoy!” he said.
Use them as a jumping off point for choosing other festive options or plug them into Pandora Internet Radio to create an all-day soundtrack.
• “The Frim Fram Sauce” by Nat King Cole
• “Carvin’ the Bird” by Charlie Parker
• “Autumn in New York” by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
• “You’d Be So Nice to Come Home To” by Paul Chambers
• “Too Young to Go Steady” by John Coltrane
• “The Touch of Your Lips” by Oscar Peterson and Ben Webster
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.