What was he thinking? Did this guy forget it’s January?
What’s your funniest caption for this picture? Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “1/2 caption contest” in the subject line, and include your name, city and phone number.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 tonight.
The winning caption scores a $25 gift card. The winner and runners-up will appear here next Friday.
| The Star
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
Your minds were fertile with jokes about strange pregnancies and breast-augmentation surgery. But the winner was …
▪ Not good enough for the premiere league, Franz tried the Double-D league. (Bruce Brower, Overland Park)
▪ “I’m so happy, I’m going to bust!” (Priscilla LoPresti, Leavenworth)
▪ “And when I blow into my other thumb, watch what happens to my butt.” (Norm Ledgin, Stanley)
▪ Wilmer didn’t read the memo telling him to remove the rind before the watermelon eating contest. (Pete Henderson, Basehor, Leavenworth County)
▪ Soccer rounds a guy out. (Benedette Koslover, Topeka)
▪ Scott’s victory dance put a whole new spin on the phrase “soccer mom.” (Kent Garrett, Overland Park)
▪ “I blow up inflatables for parties, too.” (Sherri Robinson, Excelsior Springs)
▪ “We’re here to pomp … you up!” (Steve Heizman, Kansas City)
▪ “Not to worry, I put a string around my thumb and the ball before I swallowed it!” (Shari Fields, Bonner Springs)
▪ What happens when athletes dope with the wrong hormone! (John Couture Sr., Kansas City)