In keeping with our annual holiday tradition, once again we’re going to turn two pages of the FYI section into wrapping paper designed by local kids.
Here’s what you need to know:
▪ We’ll choose two winners: one ages 7 and younger, the other ages 8 to 12.
▪ The holiday-themed drawing should be “readable” when reduced to business-card size (so it can be reproduced in repeating patterns).
Never miss a local story.
▪ Submit the design (original artwork only) on 8 1/2 -by-11-inch unlined paper, with the child’s name, age and city and a parent’s phone number and email address on the back.
▪ Who can enter: children 12 and younger in the Kansas City region. Only one entry per child, please.
▪ Mail designs to FYI Wrapping Paper Contest, The Kansas City Star, 1729 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64108.
Or you can email entries with a high-quality scanned image to email@example.com. Put “FYI Wrapping Paper Contest” in the subject line. Include the child’s information in the body of the email.
▪ Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Dec. 14. The wrapping paper edition of FYI will be published the week of Christmas.
Entries cannot be returned, so remember to make your own copy before mailing it. Thanks for sharing your holiday spirit!
Sharon Hoffmann, firstname.lastname@example.org