Once again, we’re going to turn two pages of the FYI section into holiday wrapping paper designed by local kids.
Here’s what you need to know:
▪ We’ll choose two winners: one ages 6 and younger, the other ages 7 to 12.
▪ The holiday-themed drawing should be “readable” when reduced to business-card size (so it can be reproduced in repeating patterns).
Never miss a local story.
▪ Submit the design (original artwork only) on 81/2-by-11-inch unlined paper, with the child’s name, age and city and a parent’s phone number and email address on the back.
▪ Who can enter: children 12 and younger. Only one entry per child, please.
▪ Mail designs to FYI Wrapping Paper Contest, The Kansas City Star, 1729 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64108.
Email entries with a high-quality scanned image can be sent to email@example.com. Put “FYI Wrapping Paper Contest” in the subject line. Include the child’s information in the body of the email.
▪ Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Dec. 15. The wrapping paper edition of FYI will be published the week of Christmas.
Entries cannot be returned, so remember to make your own copy before mailing it. Happy drawing!
| Tim Engle, firstname.lastname@example.org