Tell us what might be going on in this picture — and be funny about it. Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “10/17 caption contest” in the subject line, and include your name, city and phone number.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 Friday.
The winning caption scores a $25 gift card. The winner and runners-up will appear in FYI next Friday.
| Tim Engle, The Star
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
Several captions were along the lines of “Cleared it by a hare!” But how could we not make this the winner …
▪ “If the Royals can do it, so can I!” (Betty J. Ludwig, Leavenworth)
▪ I’d like to see the tortoise do that. (Stephanie Acheson, Shawnee)
▪ “This is what speed do? Oh momma, I’m going to learn how to steal a base.” (Bridget Morris, Pleasant Hill, Mo.)
▪ “Come back here, you screwy wabbit!” (Mike Reed, Overland Park)
▪ A rare hare catching some air at the fair! (Terry McCord, Lawrence)
▪ The Google Fiber bunny jumping hurdles to get approved in Overland Park. (Les Warner, Overland Park)
▪ The race is down to the wire … and he wins by a HARE!” (Judy Whaley, Lee’s Summit)
▪ The bunny hop has been replaced by the bunny hurdle. (Terry Nichols, Marshall, Mo.)
▪ “I’m finally gonna beat that doggone turtle!” (David Elkins, Grandview)