So what do you think: human or nonhuman?
Write a funny, clever caption for this picture and email it to email@example.com. Put “4/3 caption contest” in the subject line, and include your name, city and phone number.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. Friday.
The winning caption scores a $25 gift card. The winner and runners-up will appear in FYI next Friday.
Never miss a local story.
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
Lots of references to “Hollywood Squares” and “Laugh-In.” But the winner channeled pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen …
▪ I just sniffed you / And this is crazy / But here’s my barktone / Woof me up maybe. (Scott Martin, Kansas City)
▪ “Nobody knows, the troubles I’ve seen …” (Trish Hayes, Richmond, Mo.)
▪ “Molly! Who told you this was a five-star kennel?” (Bo Hoskins, Plattsburg, Mo.)
▪ “Hey, buddy. I bit the mailman. What are you in the doghouse for?” (Gary Hatfield, Independence)
▪ Only known photo of the short-lived ’70s game show “Colliewood Squares.” (R. Forbes, Overland Park)
▪ “Be careful, Rex. This may be the Eskimo version of Whack-A-Mole!” (Ron Cox, Grandview)
▪ “Hey, dawg, what you in for?” (Andre Harper, Kansas City)
▪ With John and George gone, things were mighty lonesome for Paul and Ringo. (Carl Weaver, Merriam)
▪ “Ain’t nobody here but us chickens.” (Jennifer Cates, Parkville)
▪ What did you expect? A peekapoo! (Alex Kunellis, Blue Springs)
▪ “Psst, you have any Milk Bones down there?” (Steve Clark, Raymore, Mo.)
▪ “So you really think being sent to the T-Bones is a promotion?” (Betty J. Ludwig, Leavenworth)
▪ “Yeah, I’m the top dog, Bowser. Deal with it!” (Bruce Brower, Overland Park)
▪ “Welcome to tonight’s episode of Doggywood Squares.” (Debbie Michaelski, Kansas City, Kan.)
▪ Simon says turn your head to the right! (Scott Barnes, Leawood)
▪ Animal Planet’s new series is a fresh spin on “Laugh-In.” (Barb Domke, Kansas City; others similar)
▪ “The hens said they’d only be gone a bit. Do you suppose we were tricked into sitting on their eggs while they are cackling over a long lunch?” (E.J. Van Meter, Overland Park)
▪ “Peter, I’ll take Rin-Tin-Tin to block diagonally.” (David Hicks, Bonner Springs)
▪ “Stop complaining! At least we’re not on the top of the car this time!” (George Baggett, Kansas City)
| Tim Engle, The Star