When the second phase of the Lime Stone Road Townhomes at The National opened late last year, the builder and developer didn’t know what to expect, but they felt good about the product and its location.
They were not disappointed. They could not have imagined its success. With almost 40 percent of the units sold, they do not expect the remaining 60 percent to stay available for a long.
“You need to come see what everyone is buying and the difference that LimeStone Road Townhomes offers,” said Chris Powell of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Kansas City Homes. “Potential buyers who arrive at the townhomes can get a rare chance to become part of this special community and take advantage of the spectacular views offered with second phase lots.”
Lime Stone Road Townhomes are part of the nationally recognized National Golf Club of Kansas City located in Parkville. It’s rolling terrain, breathtaking views, natural habitat, award-winning Park Hill School District and, of course, its Tom Watson Signature Design golf course are just a few reasons why The National stands apart from all other developments, the marketing team said.
Never miss a local story.
A bonus to being part of this community is the active residents. The residents, with the help of the homeowners association, organize several parties each year. These parties, along with several resident gatherings throughout the year, keep this community in touch.
A convenience within minutes of the townhomes is Parkville Commons, a 250,000-square-foot retail center, whose shops offer basic necessities for the residents of The National. They can buy their groceries at Price Chopper, pick up dry cleaning at Pride Cleaners, find their everyday needs at Walgreen’s and dine at Nick-n-Jake’s, Rusty Horse Tavern, Jimmy John’s, Sakae Sushi and Pizza Hut. It is also home to the metropolitan area’s most active and vibrant health and wellness center, the Platte County Community Center/YMCA.
As you enter Lime Stone Road you will notice meticulous landscaping, white fences, Cape Cod architecture and well maintained exteriors. You feel a level of comfort, knowing as an owner you never have to take time out of your life to paint your home, repair the roof, fix or clean gutters, mow, mulch, trim, fertilize or even remove snow from your sidewalks and driveways.
The landscaping and exterior finishes are just the beginning; walk in the front door and you will see quality throughout, the marketing team said. You will be surprised at the high ceilings, large expanse of windows, efficient living spaces with the kitchen, great room and master suite on one level. The townhomes feature custom cabinetry, granite countertops, screened-in porches, hardwood floors, oversized garages and GE appliance packages.
When Steve and Cheryl Woodson were ready to transition from a single-family home in Liberty to a maintenance-provided lifestyle, they found Lime Stone Road Townhomes a perfect fit. And they didn’t sacrifice living space.
Part of the allure of Lime Stone Road was the ability to have all of the main living spaces — the kitchen, great room and master suite — on one level.
The Woodsons were pleased with the variety of floor plans available for the townhomes and chose the one that fit their needs and lifestyle, while also allowing them the ability to customize it to fit their tastes. Chris Watson, president of Double Eagle Building Company, was very accommodating.
“Chris was great to work with,” Cheryl Woodson said. “And it was easy to make all of the decorating choices. The contractors were all great and do quality workmanship.”
She said the couple wanted their new home to have provided maintenance because they also own a small condo in San Diego.
“We wanted to be able to leave without worrying about getting the lawn mowed or the snow shoveled,” Woodson said. She added that now that they no longer have to maintain their yard, they are saving money. “People just don’t realize how much it costs to own and maintain lawn equipment or a snow blower.”
Powell, who markets the townhomes for Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Kansas City Homes, said with prices starting at about $300,000 coupled with historically low interest rates, the Lime Stone Road Townhomes offer an unprecedented opportunity for those who want to experience The National’s active resort lifestyle.
Prices: Townhomes from about $300,000.
Location: 9400 Lime Stone Road, Parkville.
Hours: 12-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and by appointment anytime.
Contact: Chris Powell, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Kansas City Homes, 913-890-3596.