Plaza Lights ceremony: Tips for viewing and parking
11/21/2013 9:23 AM
11/21/2013 5:24 PM
The best views of the ceremony stage will be from the intersection of J.C. Nichols Road and Pennsylvania Avenue and along Nichols Road between Pennsylvania and Broadway.
Recommended nearby parking garages include Valencia garage (by the Gap and H) on the north side of 47th Street and Pennsylvania, Granada garage (behind Standard Style) on Pennsylvania just south of 47th, and Seville garage (near the Capital Grille and Bank of America) behind the main stage on Jefferson Street and Nichols Road.
All Plaza parking garages will be open and accessible throughout the Plaza lights season.Great places to view the lights
• J.C. Nichols Pennsylvania. It’s close to the main stage and offers good views of fireworks displays (above Burberry and Plaza Customer Service).
• J.C. Nichols Broadway. It’s close to the JumboTron, which broadcasts the stage show, and has views of fireworks displays (above Plaza Customer Service and the InterContinental hotel).
• Atop the Halls parking garage.
• From the pedestrian bridge over Brush Creek.
• Anywhere in and around the Plaza with an unobstructed view.Fireworks displays
Three simultaneous fireworks displays begin immediately after the lights are turned on. They’re near the stage at Nichols and Pennsylvania (above Burberry), one block east of the stage at Nichols and Broadway (across from Helzberg), and atop the InterContinental hotel.
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.