Miley Cyrus gets a giant do-over Tuesday night at the Sprint Center after being hospitalized just hours before her April 15 show here. To get in the mood we revisit some of the highlights in the “Wrecking Ball” singer’s life in recent months.
And of course we have to start with the moment she shoved her bottom into Robin Thicke’s crotch on live TV.
1. Twerking at the MTV Music Video Awards: After Miley twerked all over Thicke as they sang his hit, “Blurred Lines,” we wrote a headline proclaiming that she had lost her freakin’ mind. We stand by that analysis.
Never miss a local story.
2. That tongue of hers: Rarely has one person made such a big statement with such a little piece of flesh. Miley’s fascination with her tongue is near-legendary now. During her show next week she will likely take the stage by sliding down a giant inflatable one. But here’s the thing. Not everyone is as obsessed with her mouth as she is. In April she spontaneously kissed Katy Perry on the mouth at a “Bangerz” concert and shocked Katy with a tonsilectomy. The look on Katy’s face is priceless.
3. Her little dog died: “Floyd was, well, is, my little dog. He died on April Fools Day which I thought was just like the worst prank that anyone could play. That’s kind of what I thought happened,” Miley said on her recent NBC concert special. And clearly she is not over the death of her Alaskan Klee Kai. She never did explain how he died, but her grief was raw when she tweeted the bad news: “I know I don't mean it but I wish he would've taken me with him this is unbearable.”
4. Kansas City takes her down: She called off her April 15 Sprint Center concert just hours before she was scheduled to take the stage, beginning a days-long guessing game for the media and fans trying to find out where in the city she was hospitalized. Her reps said she suffered an extreme allergic reaction to the antibiotic cephalexin, which she’d been prescribed for a sinus infection. She canceled and rescheduled a string of subsequent concert dates, leading to speculation that something more serious was afoot.
5. Ink, ink and more ink: At this point it’s kind of hard to keep up with Miley and all of her tattoos. In early July, after reportedly puffing on a “joint,” she got a tattoo of dearly departed Floyd the dog at a party at her L.A. house. In fact, her friends did the same thing and Miley showed off the photos on Instagram. Last month she also played tattoo artist by giving a friend a smiley face tat on the ankle. Now that’s a trusting friend.