At The Kansas City Star, we want to help you grow your business. Let us assist your
business with our array of products that reach your target audience.
Star Magazine is a Sunday staple that focuses on Kansas Citians, and it
is consistently one of the most-read Sunday sections in The Kansas City
Star. Advertising opportunities include special sections on health
care, home decor and Kansas City trends.
Let our experienced national sales team assist you with your planning
and media schedule. From display advertising to inserts and specialty
products, our national team has the knowledge to help you reach your
Neighborhood News is a tabloid-size section targeted to three zones.
The zoned sections contain information specific to a local community
and a calendar of events specific to a geographical area. Each section
features news on schools, government and local newsmakers. This is the
place where your kid's soccer team or your neighbor's interesting hobby
may be featured.
Extend your marketing frequency through shared costs.
The Star's co-op advertising department will access co-op funds, develop co-op-approved
ads and process claim and billing forms to provide a seamless co-op advertising experience.
Inserts are a destination for readers and one of the most read sections
of The Kansas City Star. Whatever you sell, there's an insert reader
who is in the market for your product or service, looking for your
message. Whether your message is delivered as a preprint or Star
print-and-deliver insert you can target your message to subscribers,
nonsubscribers, metro-wide or down to the Zip code.
The Kansas City Star's Advertising Operations department is available to assist you with your advertising production needs.
- MEDIA FERRY: Use this web-based portal to submit your final ad or materials for ad production.
- PHOTOSHOP COLOR SETTING: A properly calibrated monitor using The Star's recommended Color Setting will ensure your images print correctly. [ DOWNLOAD .ZIP ]
- AD MEASUREMENTS: All ad sizes and column widths for products printed at The Star. [ DOWNLOAD ]
- IMAGE IS EVERYTHING: The Kansas City Star's print production and reference guide. [ DOWNLOAD ]
If you have questions about ad production, please contact:
- AD SERVICES: 816-234-4197
- AD PHOTO: 816-234-4434
- IMAGING TECHNICIAN: 816-234-4639