Tomas Young, the paralyzed Iraq war vet who announced earlier this spring that he was ready to die, said that he has decided to live for now. I decided to go on until I reach a point where it has become too unbearable by my standards, Young said Monday. After it becomes too unbearable, then I will take steps to end my life.
More than three years after it closed, Westport mainstay The Corner Restaurant has been resurrected in the same spot but with new owners, a new decor and new menu. Executive chef Natasha Sears said the kitchen uses many local vendors, and makes about 90 percent of the menu from scratch on-site.
The first West Bottoms Car Show filled the space under the 12th Street bridge with rat rods, hot rods, tot rods, muscle cars, race cars, motorcycles and bicycles for spectators to admire. The show featured a '40s- and '50s-era pin-up girl contest.
- Tornadoes, storms hit Oklahoma, Wichita
- Cher, Singer and Actress, turns 67
- Overnight storms damage area trees, buildings and roofs
- The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Star Shots | Best photos from May 19
- Christ the Servant Church free garage sale
- Downtown Art Annual
- NHRA Mello Yello Kansas Nationals
- Red carpet photos from the Billboard Music Awards
- A's 4, Royals 3
- Sporting 1, D.C. United 1
- Athletics 2, Royals 1
- RAW Video: Elio Motors three-wheel passenger vehicle
- DARE: Columnist Jenee' Osterheldt confronts her fear of roller coasters!
- DARE: Staff artist Hector Casanova jumps out of a plane
- Standees opens next week in Prairie Village
- Kia appears on Rachael Ray Show
- Running back Jamaal Charles on OTAs
- Chiefs Eric Fisher adjusting to right tackle
- Alex Smith talks about his front line, receivers
- NASA engineer visits LEGOLAND Discovery Center
- Chiefs Andy Reid on Branden Albert
- Branden Albert at Chiefs OTAs, playing left tackle
- Paralympian Ryan Chalmers pushes his chair through Kansas
- Community Faces | Soap Box Derby Spring Rally II
- Community Faces | Woofstock 2013
- Community Faces | Miles Against Melanoma
- West Bottoms Car Show
- Downtown Art Annual
- T-Bones home opener vs. Wichita Wingnuts
- Parkville Junk Extravaganza
- Michael Bergens Toys for Disadvantaged Children Night Train Run
- Armed Forces Day Parade and celebration
- Heart Walk 2013
- Zona Rosa hosts Hillcrest Walk for the Homeless
- Thanks for the Warning opens at the Dolphin gallery
- Party Pics: Flirt Friday at the VooDoo Lounge
- Party Pics: Dollar night at Ernie Biggs
- Party Pics: Deck Opening Party with the Stolen Winnebagos at the Longbranch
- Party Pics: Rockfest after party at Angel's Rock Bar
- Party Pics: Rockfest 2013
- Party Pics: Kong's Jam for Life
- Cuatro de Mayo Street Fest at Zocalo
- Party Pics: Vinyl Richy at the Well in Waldo
- Party Pics: Cinco de Drinko with Dolewite at Sol Cantina
- Party Pics: South of the Border Fiesta at Angel's Rock Bar
- Party Pics: DJ Allen Michael at Mosaic
- Dining Guide | Flavors of love
Forty games in, approximately one-fourth of the way through the season, and the Royals are 20-20 after suffering a weekend sweep in Oakland. Lets get this out of the way: It was a brutal weekend. Three one-run losses after holding early leads in each game. The quarter point in the season is when teams traditionally step back and take a hard look at themselves. And if Bob Duttons latest Q&A is any indication, fans are doing that, too.
As Kansas Citians clean up after Sunday night’s severe storms, another ominous front is taking aim at the metropolitan area. The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch through 10 p.m. on Monday for Kansas City and much of the surrounding area. Thunderstorms are expected to roll in early Monday evening.
The military, ranked as America's most trusted institution by its citizens but strained by 11 years of war, faces a troubling confluence: acts of mayhem, a growing sexual abuse scandal, a flurry of other misconduct cases. Were seeing a strain on an institution, one expert says.
We're mere days away from Memorial Day weekend and another summer in Kansas City. What do you have planned? How about skydiving? Maybe tree climbing? We found 15 ways to break out of your Kansas City summer rut.
The owners of the party bus didn't get the required U.S. Department of Transportation number. That registration would have required inspection and repairs on the bus on which the door ajar warning system wasn't working. When the bus hit a bump, the doors popped open and a woman tumbled to her death on Interstate 35.
Now in their senior years of college, more than half of the 125 in the first class have fallen out of college or are not on pace to graduate within five years. From the moment the foundation launched its first class as seventh-graders in 2003, it knew the critical measure of its investment would come now, 10 years later.
Another day, another domination for Taylor Swift: She was the red hot winner at the Billboard Music Awards. Swift won eight of 11 awards, including top artist and top Billboard 200 album for "Red." Check out the red carpet photos.
Once a month, Flirt Friday comes to the VooDoo Lounge. Latin music, be it a live band or DJ, takes over, and hundreds of people show off their Latin dance moves.
The Powerball ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million wasn’t sold in Missouri. But two Missouri Powerball players were so close to picking all the winning numbers that that their tickets are worth $1 million each.
The Chiefs get back to offseason practice this week with three more sessions, the first being on Tuesday. Their first group of practices last week revealed a few new twists, including the Chiefs running a handful of plays from the pistol formation in Thursdays practice.
The deal to buy Handmark, which owns social media app maker OneLouder, is expected to be formally announced today. Augie Grasis, who founded Handmark 13 years ago, declined to provide the amount Sprint paid in the cash sale.
Sporting Kansas City settled for a 1-1 draw Sunday with Eastern Conference bottom-feeder D.C. United at RFK Stadium, but the game wasnt without controversy. Defender Ike Opara appeared to stake Sporting KC, 6-4-3, to a lead in the 30th minute, but the goal was disallowed.
In the last few years, the Kansas City-based video production firm T2 Studios and its so-called Experience Lab have gained a growing reputation for creating what are called immersion experiences. In a world of way-too-much stuff passing before our eyes, what all these flashy sights are about is an elevated form of marketing.