A frustrating series came to an end in a rather familiar fashion for the Royals, who blew a two-run lead and never recovered in a 5-2 loss to the Los Angeles Angels at Kauffman Stadium on Sunday.
Brazilian Tony Kanaan is the Indy 500's hard-luck loser no more. He is its champion at last, fittingly with a dose of good luck for a change. Kanaan, who came into Sunday's race with the most laps led at Indy without a win, finally added that missing piece to his resume.
Finding people to cast blame upon, satisfying a vindictive zeal, says little to the broader questions surrounding Missouris child welfare agency. Bureaucracies often throw a few people under the wheels. Reshaping an agencys culture is far more difficult.
- Celebration at the Station at Union Station
- Sporting Kansas City 1, Houston Dynamo 1
- Bark at the Park at Kauffman Stadium
- LA Angels 5, KC Royals 2
- Star Shots | Photos of May 25, 2013
- Lucas Barnes Webb: 2008-2012
- Missouri state high school track championship
- Kansas state high school track championships
- Missouri state high school tennis championships
- Blue Valley Northwest girls soccer team wins state championship
- Angels 7, Royals 0
- Kansas 6A Softball state championship
- Doctor urges public to learn CPR
- K-Crew member performs CPR on girl who collapsed at Royals game
- √Ę¬Ä¬ėAlien Worlds and Androids√Ę¬Ä¬ô exhibit opens at Union Station
- A Field of Flags
- Derrick Johnson discusses spring practices and new defense
- RAW VIDEO: Police Memorial Service
- Chiefs Dontari Poe talks about learning new defense
- Chiefs Alex Smith on OTAs
- Survivors of Moore, Okla., tornado share their stories
- Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah on his Islamic pilgrimage
- Full Gospel Assembly damaged in storm
- Chiefs QB Chase Daniel on offensive tempo
- Celtic Thunder Ride for the Warriors
- Sporting KC vs. Houston Dynamo
- Bark at the Park
- Downtown City Market
- Roller Derby Charity Bouts
- American GI Forum Parade
- Merriam Farmers Market
- Railcats vs. T-Bones
- Blue Star Awards Ceremony
- Soundgarden at the Midland
- T-Bones vs. Lincoln Saltdogs
- Soap Box Derby Spring Rally II
- LSS Man and Woman of the Year
- DJ K-Rokk at Tanner's in Waldo
- Party Pics: Hopfest in Waldo
- Party Pics: Flirt Friday at the VooDoo Lounge
- Party Pics: Dollar night at Ernie Biggs
- Party Pics: Deck Opening Party with the Stolen Winnebagos at the Longbranch
- Party Pics: Rockfest after party at Angel's Rock Bar
- Party Pics: Rockfest 2013
- Party Pics: Kong's Jam for Life
- Dining Guide | Flavors of love
The 2013 Celtic Thunder Ride for the Warriors took place Sunday morning, starting at the Elks Lodge in Blue Springs and ending the Department of Veterans Affairs Hospital in Kansas City. There were stops along the way at the All Veterans Memorial in Pink Hill Park in Blue Springs and the Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Higginsville.
Sporting Kansas City played to a 1-1 stalemate with the rival Houston Dynamo on Sunday at Sporting Park. Trailing by a goal in the second half, Sporting KC salvaged a point on forward Kei Kamara’s first goal since returning from a three-month loan to Norwich City of the English Premier League.
For five years, an anguished Kelly Riemann has haunted and hounded those she holds responsible for her son Daniel’s death on Ward Parkway on Mother’s Day 2008. Now, having exhausted all avenues for the justice she feels was denied, she struggles to move forward.
With a three-day weekend, there are plenty of options for fun and entertainment around Kansas City, including the Royals and Celebration at the Station.
Saturdays show at Crossroads KC was a contrast in songwriting. The Drive By Truckers headlined the show with its trademark blend of country and Southern rock. The opening band, the Old 97s, have been labeled an alternative-country band, but these days most of their country accents have faded.
One of the keys to encouraging reading is to make it fun with exciting and funny books. Middle-grade readers who find an author they like, especially one who has books in a series or multiple series lines such as Lemony Snicket and Eoin Colfer, may have an entire summer of reading to dive into.
In military lingo, the location of the lost crew of Spooky 21 was a classic SWAG: Scientific Wild-Ass Guess. Thats the term investigators use for figuring out something as unpredictable as where a plane should have crashed when it got shot out of the sky in Laos.
The Chiefs have revealed plenty of two-tight end formations during their offseason program and spent plenty of time at least trying to throw the ball to both of their new tight ends, Anthony Fasano and Travis Kelce. The signs are everywhere that the tight end as a pass receiver is back in the Chiefs offense under new coach Andy Reid.
Baking bread is at once invigorating and soothing. You can take out aggression on dough, hurl it at the counter from a foot high and punch it with your fists if you want. You cant hurt it. Or you can find a gentle reverie in the dough, squeeze its cool pillowy sides with your finger and rock the heels of your hands lazily back and forth in the center. The main thing is to find a rhythm and just keep going.
This shared moment should inspire us. As we pay tribute on Memorial Day to those weve lost, we can also unite in being grateful for our armed forces, the men and women who put their lives on the line every day to preserve our freedom.
Black youths must realize that, just as in Martin Luther Kings era, they must excel in education. Anita L. Russell, the president of the Kansas City branch of the NAACP, says African-Americans history has to be preserved so that young people will feel the same responsibility to continue to advance.
The selection has never been greater or more stylish for outdoor furniture. Theres all-weather wicker, modern mesh and other open weaves. Teak in all shades from honey to warm grays, metal in sleek stainless steel and rustic wrought-iron looks in a range of painted hues.
An NCAA Tournament loss to Michigan left coach Bill Self dejected. But after signing two top recruits in May, the Kansas Jayhawks are back “in the game” again.