Miley Cyrus pulled out her cell phone at 5 a.m Thursday to show her followers what early-morning med time looks like in the hospital. Shes over the hospital, wrote a sleepy Miley, who has been hospitalized since Tuesday.
Mike Moustakas, who sits on the board of directors of Royals fans disgust, won it for Kansas City last night. He hit a changeup that caught too much of the plate into the right-field seats.
The top 10 were announced at a private event at Boulevard Brewing Co. The event — presented by Intrust Bank — was part of the chamber’s annual small business celebrations. One of the top 10 will be crowned the Kansas City 2014 Small Business of the Year and receive the Mr. K Award at a luncheon May 29.
- Royals 6, Astros 4
- Star Shots | Best Photos of April 16, 2014
- Entertainment: Jason Derulo, Jordin Sparks, Jay Z, Annie Leibovitz, Miley Cyrus
- Rails arrive for downtown streetcar line
- Nine confirmed dead, hundreds missing as ferry sinks off coast of South Korea,
- NY Auto show features new Mustang, Corvette, Maserati
- InterContinental Hotels employee gala
- Fans disappointed after Miley Cyrus cancels Sprint Center concert
- Training for the Mothers Day 5K: Week 3
- Easter egg hunt at Belton Assembly of God
- Belton Spring Fling
- Leawood Eggstravaganza
- Soccer fans watch FC Kansas City take on Sky Blue FC
- Roller Derby double-header
- Prairie Village Earth Fair
- Wyandotte County Ethnic Festival
- Rock the Parkway half-marathon and 5K
- Puppets for the Planet Festival
After he was convicted of armed robbery in 2000, Cornealious Anderson was sentenced to 13 years behind bars and told to await instructions on when and where to report to prison. But those instructions never came.
Since joining Instagram on Wednesday, Vice President Joe Biden has wasted no time posting an inside look into the vice presidency and even snapping a selfie with his pal the president. The White House even announced Biden’s new social media presence on their blog, saying, “The VP's Instagram followers will have access to behind-the-scenes photos from the road and around the White House.”
Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe pleaded guilty Wednesday in Riverside Municipal Court to amended charges of defective equipment and littering relating to his Nov. 10 arrest for marijuana possession. The city prosecutor, Amy Ashefford, said Bowe paid $610 in fines.
Marlon Wayans isnt trying to change the world. He just wants to change your mood. He is known for kooky characters, but on a Friday afternoon he is no caricature. Decked out in jeans and a heather-blue sweater, he looks more athlete than class clown. Hes a hugger. And when he talks about his work, he talks about humility.
Mike Moustakas home run in the 11th inning broke a 4-4 tie and the Royals won a wild game at Houston on Wednesday night. The Royals won for the second night in a row. With a victory on Thursday night, they can exit a road that begin in such hellish fashion with a .500 record.
Strong currents, rain and bad visibility hampered an increasingly anxious search Thursday for 287 passengers still missing a day after their ferry flipped onto its side and sank in cold waters off the southern coast of South Korea.
The Missouri Department of Conservation says a group of prairie chickens has been brought to the state from Nebraska. Forty-five chicks were released at the Dunn Range Prairie in northwest Missouri, the department said Wednesday. This is the second year of a three-year program to help repopulate the endangered species.
One difficulty of hate-crime laws can be the high legal standards. Some call for proving not only that a murder had occurred, but at the same time that bias was the motivation. If reasonable doubt exists on either, the whole case could implode. Better to get the conviction and then offer the judge or jury the ability to upgrade the sentence if indeed the crime had been motivated by hate.
On Wednesday, the General Assembly passed a bill incrementally cutting taxes by $620 million over at least five years, a measure Gov. Jay Nixon will probably veto. On Thursday, a Senate committee is expected to back a bill asking voters to raise the state’s sales tax by a penny for 10 years to fund updates to transportation infrastructure — money likely to rebuild I-70 nearly from Illinois to Kansas.
Two days before Javonte Slayden was lured out of a relative’s house and fatally shot in Kansas City, he gave a photo of his alleged killer to a friend. If anything happened to him, Slayden told his friend on April 4, look for the people in the photograph to be responsible, according to court records. One of the men in the photo, Deandre Whitley, 22, of Kansas City, is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action.
The occupants of a minivan reported that one of the vehicle’s windows may have been shot out Wednesday afternoon while driving along Bruce R. Watkins Drive at 59th Street in Kansas City. None of the four people in the van was injured.
We will pay her bus fare. Kansas Republican Party Chair Kelly Arnold on the (highliy improbable) reports Wednesday that Kathleen Sebelius may return to Kansas to run for office.
On Wednesday, rails to be used by the new downtown streetcar were delivered to a staging area at 19th and Walnut streets. About 800 tons of rail will be used for the rail line extending from the River Market to Union Station.
Blogs and columns
- Thursday links: Kiper predicts Chiefs will take Marqise Lee in latest mock draft
- Wednesday links: Chiefs reportedly meet with Georgia QB Aaron Murray
- Chiefs make cameo in ‘Draft Day’ movie
- Chiefs work out small-college cornerback Keith Lewis
- An 'elite' NFL jersey will set you back $295 as Nike increases prices
- Joe Biden posts selfie with Barack Obama on new Instagram account
- Missouri lawmakers cut taxes as they ponder raising them
- Koster still on a roll
- Kansas Republicans cant contain their glee over Sebelius Senate speculation
- NYT says Sebelius is considering taking on Roberts for Senate, but local Democrats doubtful