Manager Ned Yost says he isnt panicking about the Royals recent slide because that approach got him fired in Milwaukee. And while fans may feel his response is aloof or out of touch, Yost says hes trying to keep his young players calm.
For five years, an anguished Kelly Riemann has haunted and hounded those she holds responsible for her son Daniel’s death on Ward Parkway on Mother’s Day 2008. Now, having exhausted all avenues for the justice she feels was denied, she struggles to move forward.
With a three-day weekend, there are plenty of options for fun and entertainment around Kansas City, including the Royals and Celebration at the Station.
- Star Shots | Photos of May 25, 2013
- Lucas Barnes Webb: 2008-2012
- Missouri state high school track championship
- Kansas state high school track championships
- Missouri state high school tennis championships
- Blue Valley Northwest girls soccer team wins state championship
- Angels 7, Royals 0
- Kansas 6A Softball state championship
- Star Shots | Photos of May 24, 2013
- Blue Valley West becomes Kansas 6A baseball champs
- Angels 5, Royals 2
- Star Magazine: Homemade bread soothes the soul
- Doctor urges public to learn CPR
- K-Crew member performs CPR on girl who collapsed at Royals game
- √Ę¬Ä¬ėAlien Worlds and Androids√Ę¬Ä¬ô exhibit opens at Union Station
- A Field of Flags
- Derrick Johnson discusses spring practices and new defense
- RAW VIDEO: Police Memorial Service
- Chiefs Dontari Poe talks about learning new defense
- Chiefs Alex Smith on OTAs
- Survivors of Moore, Okla., tornado share their stories
- Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah on his Islamic pilgrimage
- Full Gospel Assembly damaged in storm
- Chiefs QB Chase Daniel on offensive tempo
- Roller Derby Charity Bouts
- American GI Forum Parade
- Merriam Farmers Market
- Railcats vs. T-Bones
- Blue Star Awards Ceremony
- Soundgarden at the Midland
- T-Bones vs. Lincoln Saltdogs
- Soap Box Derby Spring Rally II
- Woofstock 2013 at Zona Rosa
- Miles Against Melanoma
- West Bottoms Car Show
- Downtown Art Annual
- LSS Man and Woman of the Year
- DJ K-Rokk at Tanner's in Waldo
- Party Pics: Hopfest in Waldo
- Party Pics: Flirt Friday at the VooDoo Lounge
- Party Pics: Dollar night at Ernie Biggs
- Party Pics: Deck Opening Party with the Stolen Winnebagos at the Longbranch
- Party Pics: Rockfest after party at Angel's Rock Bar
- Party Pics: Rockfest 2013
- Party Pics: Kong's Jam for Life
- Dining Guide | Flavors of love
The Air Force crew that had manned Spooky 21 had long ago been declared dead. But there never had been anything definitive. Without some evidence of the plane or the missing airmen, their families would continue to seesaw between faint hope and heartbreak. The imprecision of the search made anything definitive a tough mission.
The Chiefs have revealed plenty of two-tight end formations during their offseason program and spent plenty of time at least trying to throw the ball to both of their new tight ends, Anthony Fasano and Travis Kelce. The signs are everywhere that the tight end as a pass receiver is back in the Chiefs offense under new coach Andy Reid.
Baking bread is at once invigorating and soothing. You can take out aggression on dough, hurl it at the counter from a foot high and punch it with your fists if you want. You cant hurt it. Or you can find a gentle reverie in the dough, squeeze its cool pillowy sides with your finger and rock the heels of your hands lazily back and forth in the center. The main thing is to find a rhythm and just keep going.
The selection has never been greater or more stylish for outdoor furniture. Theres all-weather wicker, modern mesh and other open weaves. Teak in all shades from honey to warm grays, metal in sleek stainless steel and rustic wrought-iron looks in a range of painted hues.
Hale Arena was the site of the Roller Derby Charity Bouts on Saturday. The evening started with a coed bout featuring the men and women of DGD and the Cowtown Butchers. Later, the action heated up with the KCRWs Plan B skating against DGD B team.
An NCAA Tournament loss to Michigan left coach Bill Self dejected. But after signing two top recruits in May, the Kansas Jayhawks are back “in the game” again.
Graduation is one term for it the ceremony of passage that marks the end of a specific period of learning. Commencement is to my mind the better word, alluding as it does not to a conclusion but rather to a beginning not whats behind, but what lies just ahead. Through the course of a life, the starts are what contain the excitement and promise.
Concerns about genetically modified crops and their impact on the food chain brought protesters to the Country Club Plaza for a March Against Monsanto on Saturday. Many similar gatherings were expected around the world Saturday.
Kids from High Aspirations, a nonprofit youth mentoring program, mowed abandoned yards near the Lucile H. Bluford Library where they meet most Saturdays of each month. The fourth Saturday is devoted to community work.
Graham Rahal hasn’t won an IndyCar race since his debut more than five years ago, but thinks he has found a comfort zone driving for his father’s team, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. Though he will start 26th in Sunday’s Indianapolis 500, Rahal thinks his team has the horsepower and brainpower to enable him to become the first American to win the Indy 500 since Sam Hornish Jr. in 2006.
Kansas City soon will be the only city in America that doesnt hold its Police Department accountable to elected officials and local voters. Its an untenable situation, especially after seeing whats happening in St. Louis.
Barack Obama just had his worst week in a deeply flawed presidency. Its not as bad as Jimmy Carters presidency, but its still one that can make even the most right-wing conservative long for Democrat Bill Clinton.
For two hours, Behind the Candelabra lays bare Liberaces loneliness, his insecurity, his narcissism and his futile attempts to keep his sexuality a secret before his death from AIDS. The film, which premieres Sunday on HBO, isnt a smear job, but its not a revelation, either.