There are at least two winning tickets in the $636 million Mega Millions jackpot. California Lottery spokesman Alex Traverso told the Associated Press on Tuesday night that the winning ticket was sold in San Jose, Calif. Early Wednesday, NBC News reported that another winning ticket was sold in Atlanta.
Oakland proved unable to stop the Chiefs screen-pass plays on Sunday, so Jamaal Charles and company kept right on running them ... and running them, and running them, and running them. But as far as the final tally goes six catches, 127 yards and three touchdowns came on screens well, even they didnt expect that.
Justin Kraemer, an on-air reporter and fill-in anchor at KSN since 2008, could be heard at the end of KSNs Saturday-night newscast muttering to his co-anchors, Lets get the (expletive) out of here. On Monday morning, he was let go from the station.
- Denise's Decision: Day 4
- Star Shots | Best photos from Dec. 17, 2013
- Secret Santa surprises family with special van
- Travis Releford visits Greater Kansas City Boys and Girls Club
- Year-end 2013 fashion trends with Miley, pixie haircuts, bangs, Princess Kate
- Updated Dec. 17: Kansas City Crime Stoppers' Most Wanted
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk
- Liberty Winter Carnival
- Down Syndrome Guild Holiday Party
- Kris Kringle 5K & Holiday Extravaganza
- Public Enemies Pancake Breakfast
- Acoustic Christmas concertgoers
- Roller Warriors Girls Flat Track Derby
- Pipefitters union Local 533 Christmas Party
- Ugly Sweater Run
- Merriams Santa Arrival and Christmas Dinner
- Red Stocking Breakfast
- Missions Holiday Lights and Festive Sights
Jessica Masoner of Roeland Park has the incurable and fatal form of epilepsy known as Lafora disease. Her family needed a wheelchair-accessible van. On Tuesday night, students from Bonner Springs and Basehor-Linwood high schools and Kansas Citys Secret Santa made sure that goal was achieved.
Kansas coach Bill Self says hell stick with his long-held stance of not scheduling Wichita State, adding that hes never heard from Shockers coach Gregg Marshall about a possible series between the two Kansas programs.
Pigging out isnt going away anytime soon, but research suggests that a growing number of American teens and under-30 adults are munching on chemical-free kale instead of Flamin Hot Cheetos.
Samantha Fish will end a very busy and rewarding 2013 on a high note: headlining a New Year's Eve show in the club that helped launch her career. She recently sat down and talked about the year that was 2013 and what the upcoming year looks like.
With the holidays in full swing and Christmas less than one week away were scouting festive recipes that require few ingredients and little time. From pralines to chocolate bark and holiday cookie mix in a jar, weve got procrastinators covered.
Santa may be making his list and checking it twice. But Zagat, the original crowd-sourced restaurant guide, is checking off the top restaurant searches of 2013. The Top 10 for Kansas City is a mix of new and old, casual and upscale, local and chain, urban and suburban. Topping the list: Minskys Pizza.
The Yankees finished with the highest regular payroll for the 15th consecutive year, according to Major League Baseball figures, but the Dodgers led the majors in payroll according to baseballs luxury tax calculations. The Royals were No. 22 in payroll at $86,614,795.
For the past two years, Jennifer Barrios and her boys, Connor, 2, and Jacob, 4, have been competing on the local and national pageant circuit. And despite, or perhaps because, they dont fit the conventional mold the ideal presented on Toddlers and Tiaras or Miss USA the Barrios family has been doing the unexpected: Theyve been winning.
In the never-ending Battle of Obamacare, the conventional wisdom has decreed that there shall be winners and there shall be losers. An Overland Park family will add coverage and save hundreds of dollars. A Wichita woman whose old policy didnt meet Obamacare standards will pay twice what shes been paying.
Union Station on Tuesday was awarded $2.25 million in Missouri tax credits to encourage donors to a major improvement project at the station and Science City. The plan is to build a vehicular and pedestrian bridge and create new connections to the science center, planetarium and the Extreme Screen theater.
Friends of KCI needed 3,573 valid signatures of registered voters to force an election. But spokesman Dan Coffey said the city clerk told him Tuesday that the local election boards had counted only 2,990 valid signatures. Friends of KCI has 10 more days to try to collect 583 more valid signatures.
After a nine-year absence, AMC Entertainment Inc. returned to Wall Street with a public stock offering Tuesday. The Leawood-based cinema giants stock sale made it the third Kansas City area company to go public this year and returned its shares to Wall Street for the first time in nine years.
Senior defensive end Michael Sam became the 12th Missouri football player and the third on defense to earn consensus All-American honors Tuesday when he was announced as a first-team All-American by the Associated Press.
Blogs and columns
- Wichita anchor Justin Kraemer fired after on-air f-bomb
- Shia LaBeouf on plagiarism allegation: I (screwed) up
- Hair-raising photo: Did Kim Kardashian have her babys eyebrows waxed?
- Suite Life of Zach & Cody star Dylan Sprouse caught texting with no pants
- Timberlake, Beyonce have year's top iTunes albums
- Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs rewrite the record book while thumping the Raiders
- Chiefs blitz: A look at the good, bad and ugly from Sundays win over the Raiders
- Halftime report: Chiefs 35, Raiders 17
- Chiefs must beat Raiders to clinch playoff spot
- Chiefs inactives: No surprises in starting lineup vs. Oakland
- BuzzChatter Wednesday: Wisconsin congressman, a Republican, says his party is made up of knuckle-draggers
- Obama poll numbers still in the tank
- John Boehner raves about the magic of early morning diners
- Jenkins, Huelskamp spar over biolab funding
- McCaskill set to host annual book party. And you’re not invited...