There was some speculation going into Monday nights Bachelor finale that Juan Pablo Galavis was the most hated bachelor of all time. Let that speculation now be put to rest. He is. KC's own Nikki Ferrell had to settle only for the final rose – no marriage proposal or declaration of love. And thats all she really wanted, she said. She just wanted to hear those three little words. Instead, he said, "I like you a lot, a lot.
Kansas coach Bill Self ruled Joel Embiid out of the Big 12 Tournament this week because of a stress fracture in his back. Embiid is also unlikely to play in the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament.
While the Chiefs are apparently in wait-and-see mode before NFL free agency begins Tuesday, it appears a few of their players who keyed last season’s playoff run won’t be back in 2014: namely Dexter McCluster and Branden Albert. The Chiefs — who will have about $9.62 million in salary cap space — will probably shop for bargains during the first phase of free agency.
- Star Shots | Best photos from Mar. 10
- Paralympic Games begin over the weekend in Sochi
- SXSW: Justin Bieber, Edward Snowden, Ethan Hawke, Mike Myers, Nicholas Cage,
- Entertainment Lorde, Paris Hilton, Prince Harry, Alex Hepburn, Red Carpet Canada
- Star Shots | Best photos from Mar. 9
- Undefeated Wichita State wins Missouri Valley Conference championship
- 25 Under 25 awards banquet
- West Bottoms Warehouse Weekend: Saturday
- Gala of the Royal Horses attendees
- Leprechaun Lane 5K/10K
- First Friday in the West Bottoms
- 2014 KC Gem & Mineral Show
- Greater KC Int'l Auto Show
- Network After Work: March 6
- Sporting KC Takeoff
- Beads, Beans & Beer
- Johnson County Home & Garden Show
- Hotel & Lodging Association Recognition Dinner
Kansas City holds onto federal agencies and jobs leaving the obsolete Bannister Federal Complex in south Kansas City thanks to cooperative lobbying by government officials and civic leaders.
The Senate overwhelmingly approved a bill late Monday making big changes in the military justice system to deal with sexual assault, including scrapping the nearly century-old practice of using a "good soldier defense" to raise doubts that a crime has been committed.
Royals manager Ned Yost indicated his level of concern was none after catcher Salvador Perez took a foul tip off his hand. He only suffered a bruise. Still, any injury involving Perez is a cause for at least a small bit of worry. He is likely the most irreplaceable player on this club, a 23-year-old with burgeoning offensive skills and a Gold Glove already on his resume.
City Market’s new The Bite offers gourmet sandwiches, gluten-free build-your-own-tamales and gourmet ice cream sandwiches. St. Louis-based Kaldi’s Coffee taking over area Lattelands.
In an age when people assume that any bit of information is just a click away, the thought that a jetliner could simply disappear over the ocean for more than two days is staggering. But Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is hardly the first reminder of how big the seas are, and of how agonizing it can be to try to find something lost in them. It took two years to find the main wreckage of an Air France jet that plunged into the Atlantic Ocean in 2009.
It has taken 10 years for a concept hatched by UMKC professor Reza Derakhshani to be developed into a viable commercial product sold by a company headed by entrepreneur Toby Rush. In the last few months, EyeVerify has won awards for innovation and marketability of its password-replacement invention for smartphone cameras.
Democratic senators clocked an all-nighter, working in shifts into Tuesday morning to warn of the devastation from climate change and the danger of inaction.
Conflicting and sometimes inappropriate agendas have long hampered efforts to help struggling schools in Missouri. The task now is for the Board of Education and the legislature to draw clear lines of jurisdiction and mutually embrace policies that will help public schools and their students.
Martha Baird, a 61-year-old psychiatric nurse from Leawood, works in Kansas City’s Sudanese refugee community to heal mental health issues among the women. She wants to see “lay counselors” emerge from within the community and build a network of women helping women to live healthy.
Oprah wants Lindsay Lohan to win. I do, too. But as I watched Sundays debut of the eight-episode series documenting Lindsay Lohans recovery, I felt sad. And guilty. Reality TV probably isnt the best idea for someone fresh out of rehab.
Lee’s Summit authorities have cited a 30-year-old woman with multiple violations after her 1-year-old son fell from a car she was driving, allegedly while drunk, on Sunday evening.
After all, the young have to make their way in a world and economy created by their parents and elders.
Its not always easy to define Midwestern cuisine. At its heart and soul, Midwestern cuisine is rooted in comfort foods, but that doesnt mean we cant imbue staple dishes of meat, potatoes, farm-fresh vegetables and fresh-baked goods with a comfortable dose of creativity.
Blogs and columns
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Bachelor ends in cringe-worthy, hot mess: A rose, but no Juan Pablo love?
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Police: Miley Cyrus fan sneaked into her Omaha dressing room
- Team Nikki or Team Clare: Who should win The Bachelor? (with poll)
- Lenexa’s Esther’s African Cuisine restaurant closes to concentrate on catering
- The Bite offers gourmet sandwiches and ice cream sandwiches
- Kansas City area restaurant and grocery store health inspection updates for March 10
- McDonald’s plans to open near new Merriam Ikea
- Mexican/Cuban restaurant to open in former NKC barbecue space
- Iowa State leads 2014 CBE Classic field at Sprint Center
- As Missouri’s ball movement sputters, so does offense
- Florida, Wichita State remain 1-2 in AP poll; KU 10th
- All-decade draft: Pick the best of three KU teams using players from last 10 years
- Emporia State women, Missouri Southern men take MIAA basketball titles