Frank Haith is officially the new basketball coach at the University of Tulsa after he was introduced Friday during a news conference. About two hours earlier, Missouri athletic director Mike Alden confirmed Haith’s move and said MU assistant Tim Fuller would serve as interim coach.
Follow along on your desktop or mobile device during Friday's Royals-Twins game for live stats and updates from The Star's sports team. First pitch is set for 7:10 p.m. on Fox Sports Kansas City.
Downtown Kansas City scored a triple play when two apartment projects totaling more than 300 units won incentives necessary to begin work and a plan to double the size of the Crossroads Academy charter school was approved.
- Embassy Suites 25th Anniversary Client Party
- Antioch Park Easter Egg Hunt
- InterContinental Hotels employee gala
- Fans disappointed after Miley Cyrus cancels Sprint Center concert
- Training for the Mothers Day 5K: Week 3
- Easter egg hunt at Belton Assembly of God
- Belton Spring Fling
- Leawood Eggstravaganza
- Soccer fans watch FC Kansas City take on Sky Blue FC
- Roller Derby double-header
- Prairie Village Earth Fair
- Wyandotte County Ethnic Festival
Ever since Miley Cyrus twerked with teddy bears on MTV last summer, the world has been clamoring for her breakdown. Everyone is saying something has to be seriously wrong with her. Maybe somethings wrong with the world.
His death mourned around the globe, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is being hailed as a giant of modern literature, a writer of intoxicating novels and short stories that illuminated Latin America's passions, superstition, violence and social inequality.
Did you know there’s a serious shortage of Kentucky Bourbon, the whiskey that’s allowed to be called Kentucky Bourbon only if it comes from the Bluegrass state.
The captain of a sunken South Korean ferry was arrested Saturday on suspicion of negligence and abandoning people in need, as investigators looked into whether his evacuation order came too late to save lives. Two crew members were also arrested, a prosecutor said.
Organizers of the first Boulevardia have announced the music lineup for the three-day street festival to be held June 13-15 in the West Bottoms.
Sporting Kansas City hosts the last-place Montreal Impact on Saturday night at Sporting Park. Aurelien Collin, Dom Dwyer, Paulo Nagamura and Peter Vermes spoke about the matchup.
Coming up: Thomas Hart Benton display, Dead Girl Derby, Poetrys a Drag, Party for the Planet, Rob Delaney, Sporting KC vs. Montreal
Runners start the Boston Marathon in Hopkinton, Mass., 26.2 miles away from the finish line, in a place filled with its own traditions. One of the best will occur again on Monday.
The Florida-based company plans to revamp its restaurants at 2800 W. 53rd St. in Fairway and 12040 Blue Valley Parkway in Overland Park by late summer. The restaurants will be open during the remodeling. First Watch also plans to reopen its North Kansas City restaurant at 409 Armour Road by the end of the year.
If dyeing Easter eggs with vinegar and color tablets is feeling old, reach for a new duo: shaving cream and liquid food coloring. It’s a tactile project many kids — and adults — will enjoy
The district’s administration is still recommending that the district sell the vacant school to Foutch Brothers Real Estate, Superintendent Steve Green confirmed to The Star this week.
“I’m not running for anything,” the former senator said. But, man, is he acting like it. Here’s your chance to greet an American original.
In May 2010, Tallgrass Brewing Co. became the first brewer in Kansas to sell craft beer in cans. After that move, sales rocketed in out-of-state markets where beer drinkers had accepted that good brew could come in an aluminum can. Now, Kansas Citians are beginning to embrace craft beer in cans, too.
Blogs and columns
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers plans another Olathe restaurant
- First Watch plans to remodel two area restaurants and return in North Kansas City
- Skechers Factory Outlet Store opening in Overland Park
- Topekas PTs at College Hill makes top coffee shop list
- AMC Town Center theaters get a seven-figure face-lift
- Thursday links: Kiper predicts Chiefs will take Marqise Lee in latest mock draft
- Wednesday links: Chiefs reportedly meet with Georgia QB Aaron Murray
- Chiefs make cameo in ‘Draft Day’ movie
- Chiefs work out small-college cornerback Keith Lewis
- An 'elite' NFL jersey will set you back $295 as Nike increases prices
- Bob Lutz: Can (and will) Missouri dig deep enough to get Gregg Marshall?
- Local service for Pee Wee Summers set for April 29
- KU to break ground on home for Naismith’s basketball rules May 2
- MU’s Maty Mauk working to add pocket passing to his game
- Seven-foot KU recruit Myles Turner to announce college choice on April 30