• Key play: K-State forced a shot-clock violation to secure a 9-4 lead, showing that it was serious about playing strong defense.
• Key stat: Texas Tech made eight of 11 free throws.
• Key play: Wesley Iwundu converted a three-point play with 55 seconds to go, giving K-State a lead it wouldnt relinquish.
• Key stat: Texas Tech made one of 10 three-pointers.
Spradling hits milestone
Senior guard Will Spradling, who had 10 points, reached the 1,000-point mark as a college player. He is the 25th K-State player to score 1,000 points.
Spradling downplayed the accomplishment.
I wasnt too worried about it, Spradling said. I am not ever worried about how many points I put up. I would much rather win.
• Bruce Weber has won more games than any other coach in K-State history in his first two seasons. Weber is 46-14 with the Wildcats. Lon Kruger previously held the record with 45 wins.
Im just excited for him to know he has done such a good job here, Spradling said. Him coming in last year, for me, as a junior, I was just excited. He has done a great job.
• Texas Tech continued its streak of unflattering crowd incidents. School officials issued multiple warnings to fans for throwing cups onto the floor. In its last home game, against KU, Texas Tech fans were warned about throwing tortillas on the court. Early this month, Marcus Smart shoved a fan when Oklahoma State played at United Spirit Arena.
The incidents hurt what otherwise were encouraging turnouts.
| Kellis Robinett, The Star