• Key play: Nino Williams picked up his second foul with 16:13 remaining, sending him to the bench for the rest of the half.
• Key stat: K-State lost 13 turnovers.
• Key play: Omari Lawrence hit a three-pointer to put K-State up 15 in the final minutes.
• Key stat: K-State grabbed 25 rebounds.
Southwell still ailing
K-State senior guard Shane Southwell didnt play in his second-straight game Wednesday. He dressed and participated in warm-ups, which was more than he did last weekend at Baylor, but he watched the entire game from the bench. Bruce Weber said he had practiced this week and showed signs of progress. He is expected to play Saturday against Oklahoma, but Weber said he may be limited to about 20 minutes of action. Nino Williams once again took Southwells place in the starting lineup and scored 11 points.
• Chad Weiberg, K-States senior associate athletic director for development, was named Fundraiser of the Year by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics on Wednesday.
Weiberg has led K-States Ahearn Fund to new heights in the past several years, including a record $36.8 million worth of athletic gifts in the last year.
| Kellis Robinett, firstname.lastname@example.org